whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
I'll give it another go!!!
This is a probably a long shot, but check the homelink country setting. In my adventures reprogramming my Taycan, at one point I inadvertently changed my Taycan's HomeLink country code to 1 (which is not like the phone country code, it's Germany actually), and that resulted in complete inability to setup my homelink (which worked perfectly before). That was because Germany uses different frequencies for garage door openers than USA. Not sure if UK and Germany allocate their radio spectrum the same way. It took me a few evenings of tinkering to restore it (though if yours is wrong, dealer should be able to do it no problem). I don't know what country code is UK, 1 is Germany (possibly more countries, but it got set to 1 when I set another setting to Germany), 5 is USA (or perhaps North America). One person on here reported having it set to 1 in France, and they were unable to use it for their garage in France either.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Macan GTS, 23 Taycan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo,
Country flag
This is a probably a long shot, but check the homelink country setting. In my adventures reprogramming my Taycan, at one point I inadvertently changed my Taycan's HomeLink country code to 1 (which is not like the phone country code, it's Germany actually), and that resulted in complete inability to setup my homelink (which worked perfectly before). That was because Germany uses different frequencies for garage door openers than USA. Not sure if UK and Germany allocate their radio spectrum the same way. It took me a few evenings of tinkering to restore it (though if yours is wrong, dealer should be able to do it no problem). I don't know what country code is UK, 1 is Germany (possibly more countries, but it got set to 1 when I set another setting to Germany), 5 is USA (or perhaps North America). One person on here reported having it set to 1 in France, and they were unable to use it for their garage in France either.
There should be many solutions to solve HomeLink including inexpensive repeater that would take Taycan signal and convert it to your garage opener. We had old Acura that did not support new rolling code standard and a simple repeater sold by the garage opener company solved it. However, I would try the country code first, that makes sense.

EXOTIC3

First Name
Jilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid/ Panamera/ Fisker/Karma/ C8 Z06 great exotic
Country flag
Really good review and first hand experience with a lot of options.

14-way seats with massage function. I really like them for the slim look vs. 18-ways.
PTV+ and RAS is a must for me having it on the SUVs living in a town with world record of roundabouts.
PDCC is the new one for me and the graphic showing it is working at the slightest off level surface.
Glass Roof is good to see the sky when you lift your head up. I agree the Metal roof looks better.
HUD has limited use to me but was part of a value package so got that. The new one in the Macan EV with augmented reality would be much more useful.
ACC would be the first time having it on a car, not used it around town. Optioned PID hoping for future improvements, tried it once, works as expected, can see it useful in stop and go traffic.
Sport Sound I do like to turn on at times but waste of money if you totally hate it.
Thermal Glass consider a must just for the fact that doors are frameless and without it, it is really flimsy. No issues with phone reception. No toll transponders needed where I live, so not an issue.
150kW/400v optioned that but with 3 fast DC chargers within minutes and the dealer with 2 also within minutes can see only using it in a very distant future at a Tesla charger with a CSS adapter. I will get a Tesla tap if there is a situation to charge at a slow Tesla charger. I assume the chargers labeled Tesla in the area would not allow me to charge if I use Tesla app and Tesla tap.
Comfort Access never been a fan of so did not option on the Cayenne, but Taycan came with it, and it is growing on me to just approach and lift the handle and kick under the trunk to open, then having a button on the trunk lid to close it and then lock the car with one press.
Bose exceeded expectations in a loaner 4S vs. Bose in the SUVs but still went for BM as I did not want to wonder what it would have been. BM sounds great when listening to XM or Spotify but intended for much higher quality inputs that I am yet to try.
Depreciation is massive with very slow sales at the local dealer if any at all, same Taycans just standing for months at the time now. My dealer telling me some California dealers have 50+ in stock. I do not worry about it as my measure is smiles per mile and it is worth more to me than I paid for it. The negative press is all over the place regarding EVs but I see more EVs than ever and our chargers are busier than ever, but a few times I had to use a public DC charger, I have not had an issue (yet) not having one available for me to charge up in a pinch.
deals on used Taycan turbos are a sweet spot.
Neighbor just got a 2020 turbo 17,000 mile car 190K sticker for 78 private party sale. Seller said the dealer only offered him under 70K. Some great deals out there on cars that have been sitting at dealers for months.

Last edited:

wlin

First Name
Will-I-Am
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' 9J1 CT, 21' 982 Jahre25, 21' Tesla WhtStar
Country flag
You're so right. Saw the lowest 9J1 Turbos running from $88k to $104k 🤤

Porsche Taycan OK so I picked up my Taycan in January 2022 so now a year and 6000 miles old. Likes mainly! 1703490194125
Porsche Taycan OK so I picked up my Taycan in January 2022 so now a year and 6000 miles old. Likes mainly! 1703490167514

deals on used Taycan turbos are a sweet spot.
Neighbor just got a 2020 turbo 17,000 mile car 190K sticker for 78 private party sale. Seller said the dealer only offered him under 70K. Some great deals out there on cars that have been sitting at dealers for months.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
For sure they're piling up. Porsche Austin has 18 new Taycans in stock... whereas previously they might have 2-3 new at any given time. That's aside from the CPOs and used available. Maybe they just need to chill out at the factory for a bit.
Who orders 18 new ones? That person should be fired