IrwinJ

First Name
Irwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes SL550
Country flag
I was able to access My Porsche webpage and (I think) successfully linked my existing Apple Music account with my Porsche Connect. Below is a screenshot.

Question: when I get my car (on Tuesday), assuming I turn OFF privacy mode, will I automatically be able to access Apple Music from the list of sources in the PCM Media app? Or do i need to go another step that involves having the screen show me a QR code that I need to scan with my phone?

Porsche Taycan one more Apple Music question link apple id
Sponsored

ithinkmac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 3, '22 4S CT, '22 MXP
Country flag
Yes, you will have Apple Music as one of the streaming options.
If you enabled CarPlay, you'll have to use CarPlay to access Music. CarPlay wins when connected.
No CarPlay, Music is an option.

-ThinkMac-

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Or do i need to go another step that involves having the screen show me a QR code that I need to scan with my phone?
Yes, you will have the Apple Music tile in your PCM. When clicking the tile for the first time you have to scan the QR code to link the Apple Music account to the PCM. Afterwards you can use Apple Music directly via PCM without having your phone with you.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I was able to access My Porsche webpage and (I think) successfully linked my existing Apple Music account with my Porsche Connect. Below is a screenshot.

Question: when I get my car (on Tuesday), assuming I turn OFF privacy mode, will I automatically be able to access Apple Music from the list of sources in the PCM Media app? Or do i need to go another step that involves having the screen show me a QR code that I need to scan with my phone?

link apple id.jpg
Yes.

Remember that the icon / tile is only visible in the Media section as mentioned before.