OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Anyone still has these issues, as its been a week and have tried everything but still keep getting this screen.
My car has been waiting for a fix since September. Been at the dealer for it and they can’t get Porsche to do anything about it. I have complained to Porsche and all I get is we are working on it. Totally unsatisfactory.
Sponsored

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan Mercedes AMG GTS Edition 1
Country flag
My car has been waiting for a fix since September. Been at the dealer for it and they can’t get Porsche to do anything about it. I have complained to Porsche and all I get is we are working on it. Totally unsatisfactory.
Ture, same here just can't get it to work and have taken to Dealor twice but no results.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Same here, brand new car 50miles...only connects when maximum LTE connection, I believe the Ping is the issue...
Apple car play works flawlessly (so far) - good enough for me.

Only if the alarm was not waking up us randomly!

For the rest the car is great.

I have been dealing with this issue since the Update to stop the car from stopping while driving, does anyone else get this message on Apple Music (not Carplay) when they try to attach their Apple Music account to the PCM? It won't let you login and is currently sitting at the dealership and they don't know what to do. I suggested they replace the parts that are associated with the Apple Music (possibly the PCM) but am getting nowhere. Thoughts?
32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c.jpeg

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
I just got this day before yesterday, and corrected it by:

capturing this QR code image with the phone camera and following the resulting link.

signed into the Apple Music app (again, on my phone), with a password reset, and creating a new password.

I rebooted the PCM (not sure if this is absolutely necessary, but it didn't hurt), and everything has worked properly since then, through several driving sessions.

I hadn't done any service or anything unusual before the misbehavior happened. I use Android, not Apple IOS. In my view, this problem is purely within the user's security realm, and really shouldn't depend on the service center taking any action. That's as long as my approach works for you. If not, then I guess the service center has to deal with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
I just got this yesterday, and corrected it by:

capturing this QR code image with the phone camera and following the resulting link.

signed into the Apple Music app (again, on my phone).

I rebooted the PCM (not sure if this is absolutely necessary, but it didn't hurt), and everything has worked properly since then.

I hadn't done any service or anything unusual before the misbehavior happened. In my view, this problem is purely within the user's security realm, and really shouldn't depend on the service center taking any action. That's as long as my approach works for you. If not, then I guess the service center has to deal with it.
How do you use the QR code if it has a line thru it?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Have you renewed and re-linked your Apple ID with your Porsche Connect ID - contract renews each year?

faroutinNM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan Turbo, '05 MINI Cooper S
Country flag
Have you renewed and re-linked your Apple ID with your Porsche Connect ID - contract renews each year?
Nope. I received my MY2021 in April 2021.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone had any luck yet or a fix?

OP
OP
rquinton

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Anyone had any luck yet or a fix?
No luck for me. Been since late August. Can’t get anyone from Porsche NA to respond and the dealership doesn’t want to help. This is just a terrible way to deal with customers. We deserve better treatment. You can’t even log a complaint with Porsche NA.

daned

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No luck for me. Been since late August. Can’t get anyone from Porsche NA to respond and the dealership doesn’t want to help. This is just a terrible way to deal with customers. We deserve better treatment. You can’t even log a complaint with Porsche NA.
Same situation here, just can't get it working and no help from Dealership to Porsche NA

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Ok. new CT4 here, I've associated my apple music account and turned it on in the my porsche portal. Nothing related to Apple Music shows up in the PCM. I've sign out/in again and also rebooted the PCM, no change. Sounds like what others are seeing? or am I missing something?

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
I have been dealing with this issue since the Update to stop the car from stopping while driving, does anyone else get this message on Apple Music (not Carplay) when they try to attach their Apple Music account to the PCM? It won't let you login and is currently sitting at the dealership and they don't know what to do. I suggested they replace the parts that are associated with the Apple Music (possibly the PCM) but am getting nowhere. Thoughts?
32D7017A-F993-4B76-9BFB-C9539A622D27_1_105_c.jpeg
Has anyone been able to gt past this? I linked the apple account through the my Porshe App. Love my CT but really would like to get this issue resolved.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Yes, I had this for a while. I enabled the WiFi option and then I could register; people told me the two weren’t related and so I canceled my WiFi and sure enough it still continued worked (I have to occasionally rescan the registration QR code after an update or other event, and that also works).

I don’t know if toggling the WiFi on and off kicked something into action; or that was just a happy coincidence.

RallyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT
Country flag
Yes, I had this for a while. I enabled the WiFi option and then I could register; people told me the two weren’t related and so I canceled my WiFi and sure enough it still continued worked (I have to occasionally rescan the registration QR code after an update or other event, and that also works).

I don’t know if toggling the WiFi on and off kicked something into action; or that was just a happy coincidence.
When you say you enabled the WiFi option, did you register and pay for that (then later cancel)? Thanks

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
When you say you enabled the WiFi option, did you register and pay for that (then later cancel)? Thanks
Yes; it’s a minimum 30 day so I got hit with a one month payment. As I said, could have been coincidence, but my Apple registration started working immediately after I did it!
Sponsored