One week in

Xelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 4, LR Defender, Cayenne Hybrid S, 1973 TR6
Country flag
A few thoughts after week one. This is a 4S, dolomite silver with black/bordeaux interior and performance battery, sport chrono, sport sound, Innodrive, HUD and a few other less significant options. Supplied by Dick Lovett in Bristol, UK.

I’ve only covered 100 or so local miles and not been on the motorway yet. I was a bit worried about both interior and exterior colours, but in the ‘flesh’ it’s a great combination. Of course this is subjective, but as has been said elsewhere on the forum, the red is nothing like as bright as it appears in photos. That was a relief! The silver has a hint of blue, but is quite striking.

It’s had a few software glitches - a number of error messages and update messages. I think new owners can expect quite a few software updates being required.

The head up display does come with some extra dashboard above the instrument panel, but to me this doesn’t detract at all, and the display itself is great - having not had one before, I can see this as a must have in future. Worth getting for anyone that can change their orders.

I am only able to use car play with a wired connection. Note, you will need USB-C at the car end to connect your phone.

I don’t think the individual drive settings save after each use. I’ve been told to try using the driver memory function, but the settings seem to revert to default each time, which is a bit frustrating.

There’s a bit of talk on the forum about the electric sport sound. Again very subjective, but so far it’s been on for every trip, and I’m liking it a lot. Coming from a 911 991 S, sound has been a big factor, and the Taycan sport sound has been really well crafted to add just the right noise at the right time. Time will tell if it gets boring. There are two configurable buttons, one on the steering wheel and another on the main instrument panel, and I’ve configured the panel button to activate the electric sport sound.

The drive, for those of you who are yet to drive one or have only had a quick dealer demo, is just awesome. I’ll not say much more on that, but Porsche have nailed it.

Porsche Taycan One week in IMG_1659
Sponsored

Last edited:

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
Hi, I have a similar car on order with Bristol, it's built and sitting in a port somewhere - hopefully in my hands before Brexit but not entirely hopeful. I will have to see what happens.

This is mine, what wheels did you get, be good to get your full spec if you have time?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMEF8M57

Porsche Taycan One week in 3

MARTY7

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3P. Fiat 595 Abarth, Audi S8 (Stage 2), DeLorean (Stage 3), Cayenne V8
Country flag
This is my code.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PME2HGP7
Hope you get yours soon, spec looks great, and I like those wheels!
I wanted Red leather but was not plucky enough, sure it's awesome to sit in but the wife would have smacked my bottom if I chose it (I also wanted carmine red and wasn't allowed that either :CWL:).
Having had the Model 3, I really enjoyed autopilot and still use it when grabbing my sunglasses or having a drink, didn't add it to the Porsche as I don't do a lot of main roads, so would be really interested to hear what you think of it. The rest of the spec is really similar and the car looks very smart in your photo, I hope you are enjoying it and look forward to spotting you one day on the roads near me!

Did you deal with Phil or someone else?

OP
OP
Xelab

Xelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 4, LR Defender, Cayenne Hybrid S, 1973 TR6
Country flag
I dealt Jamie who left, Andy when Jamie wasn’t communicating, Euan who replaced Jamie and got to know Matt in service quite well as my 911 lived in the workshop!
I‘ve never had a car with anything more than standard cruise control and am still learning how the innodrive works - but early impressions are I wouldn’t trust it for long. I’ve only done 200 miles though in total and haven’t been on the motorway where I expect it will come good. I doubt you’ll miss it.
£11.92 charge cost so far - am liking that!
Will see you on the road sometime. Mine arrived without too much notice- just had a call to say it turned up on a transporter (they seemed surprised), and I picked it up a couple of days later.
Do post some pics when yours arrives.
Sponsored