mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
I just picked up my GTS today after a 6mo wait. They said I was lucky and now people need to wait 18mo for one.
Yes if you got in line soon enuff and early enough then you were probably good to go and your car should be arriving soon. Congrats but yes there IS a wait now!
My neighbor asked me about my 4s and so I let her drive it and she was very impressed. She has been through track school and loved the way it handles compared to the Mercedes SLC she currently drives.

After the drive, and because she wanted more info about a 4s, I gave her the name of my sales rep at Porsche (a really nice guy), and then texted him to let him know she would be calling. He got back to me with a text saying it could be a long wait. I called him at that point and he told me that the new order horizon for a 4s was now 2 years - yikes!! :oops: He also said that some dealers are adding $10k - $20k markup to cars in their lots (double yikes! :oops::oops:)

His explanation was parts, parts, parts. As other on this forum have pointed out, the Ukraine conflict has shut down/delayed parts from Ukraine that include wiring harnesses and high labor cost items. He also indicated that if you don't mind buying a car out of state (US), there are still cars out there. He suggested entering the configuration of interest, and a SEARCH option will appear that shows cars similar to that configuration available nearby. You can also do a more general search based on model. I tried it and there were a number cars available, and the markups weren't awful.

So I asked him what people are doing who want a very specific configuration. He told me he has a number of customers who are buying a Taycan (entry-level model) or a certified used Taycan, and then placing their order for the specific configuration and model they want. When the car finally arrives, they trade-in the other car.
That sounds about correct. 2+ yrs supply issues globally and continued lock downs in China due to COVID along with concurrent pent up demand and diminished supply have affected things across the board. Then Putin's Ukraine incursion threw everything that was trying to recover globally into the toilet...basically. Globabally all manufacturers of many things have had to re-resource everything from chips to raw materials to metals to transportation on top of cost increases in every aspect of their business models. Just in time production has now been proven to be great when global supply chains are intact and working and things are plentiful but the above disruptions have shown it to be lacking and unable to meet the needs of Porsche, BMW and many others....so the result are now long waits for ordered cars! If one can find an unclaimed vehicle on the lot that's not tagged with a huge ADM...then yeah buy it and worry about the rest later.
I've heard 9 months, I've heard 18 months, and now I'm hearing 2 years. Doesn't look like any dealer actually has any insight and It's pretty much speculation and guessing at this point.

As others have mentioned, 2 years is a long time. Some of us might be driving a Macan EV in 2 years.
. That is the point..many don't know for sure as PAG doesnt know for sure. Production lines are intact and moving but in no means as desired or wanted in any predictable manner. My SA told me they got ZERO Taycan allocations this last allocation and when checking for me for a possible GTS upgrade/addition to my '22 Taycan CT were told by their regional reps that US has had EV allocations for Taycan slashed and many dealership including large ones zero'd out for remainder of the model year. Hope is that when factory restarts in Sept 2022 after the break for 2023's they MAY get 1-2 but days of just regular allocations of half dozen cars he was told is over so some SA's I think are managing expections of customers (he told he he'd love to sell me a GTS Taycan but just none out there allocation wise to get) while other are just hoping for cars and taking $$$ and numbers....adding to the waiting lists it seems. Sounds like this is what OP's SA is seeing/relating to him.
Sorry, but this is inaccurate. I would contact your other nearby dealerships for more info. Dealership I just test drove at told me 2 weeks ago they had 2 allocations for 4S released to them so they'll trickle in from time to time. Best for her to just get on a waiting list.
They may have 2 but how many folks are in line or have been in line for those 2? I think someone else checked around a few weeks ago and posted that finding a GTS allocation avail in March at MSRP was down to 1/2 dozen cars and they called almost EVERY dealer in the US. Not much luck either with 4S models although some base Taycan and Taycan CT4s were a bit easier to resource...but then that was 2 mos ago almost. Think your experience is the exception...most folks are reporting much of dealers lot for sale includes pre-owned models and new ones are for delivery to pre-ordered customers for the most part. So strange...a Porsche dealer without any new cars to show and sell!
The dealers do not know for sure. That's the key. Pre Ukraine my GTS ST was supposed to be a September / October delivery. Then in May it was "not a single car from our queue has gone in" and at that point it looked more like June 2023 bare minimum but they have no idea when this wiring harness situation will be resolved
Wiring harness issue complicated things a great deal i hear. Although many factories were in Western Ukraine and spared and it only made up like 5-8% of supply...they lost not only the supply but the technical expertise and skilled workers as well as other global supply chain disruptions. Some of the other raw goods for batteries and such come from those areas or areas that are now preoccupied with grain and working around sanctions and energy redistribution so yeah while cars are being produced still its an amazing feat of balancing production, supply, and demand...so yeah can see why folks are seeing 6mo to 18 mos or longer for cars...remember Porsche still hasn't made many GT3 or GTS or Turbo S 992s also and this is going on across the line up. Friend of mine still cannot get a GT3 or Turbo allocation thru 2024 almost it seems...other just sold his 2019 Lamborghini Huracan for almost $80k more than he bought it for just 15 mos ago to buy an steadily increasing house as he just retired from the military and needed a place to settled down. Its crazy out there...these are not normal times my friends. GL to all!
Sponsored

Evpower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2022, Bolt 2020
Country flag
I was at North Scottsdale Porsche yesterday for a software update. two nice 4S for only $40K over MSRP.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Yes if you got in line soon enuff and early enough then you were probably good to go and your car should be arriving soon. Congrats but yes there IS a wait now!

That sounds about correct. 2+ yrs supply issues globally and continued lock downs in China due to COVID along with concurrent pent up demand and diminished supply have affected things across the board. Then Putin's Ukraine incursion threw everything that was trying to recover globally into the toilet...basically. Globabally all manufacturers of many things have had to re-resource everything from chips to raw materials to metals to transportation on top of cost increases in every aspect of their business models. Just in time production has now been proven to be great when global supply chains are intact and working and things are plentiful but the above disruptions have shown it to be lacking and unable to meet the needs of Porsche, BMW and many others....so the result are now long waits for ordered cars! If one can find an unclaimed vehicle on the lot that's not tagged with a huge ADM...then yeah buy it and worry about the rest later.
. That is the point..many don't know for sure as PAG doesnt know for sure. Production lines are intact and moving but in no means as desired or wanted in any predictable manner. My SA told me they got ZERO Taycan allocations this last allocation and when checking for me for a possible GTS upgrade/addition to my '22 Taycan CT were told by their regional reps that US has had EV allocations for Taycan slashed and many dealership including large ones zero'd out for remainder of the model year. Hope is that when factory restarts in Sept 2022 after the break for 2023's they MAY get 1-2 but days of just regular allocations of half dozen cars he was told is over so some SA's I think are managing expections of customers (he told he he'd love to sell me a GTS Taycan but just none out there allocation wise to get) while other are just hoping for cars and taking $$$ and numbers....adding to the waiting lists it seems. Sounds like this is what OP's SA is seeing/relating to him.

They may have 2 but how many folks are in line or have been in line for those 2? I think someone else checked around a few weeks ago and posted that finding a GTS allocation avail in March at MSRP was down to 1/2 dozen cars and they called almost EVERY dealer in the US. Not much luck either with 4S models although some base Taycan and Taycan CT4s were a bit easier to resource...but then that was 2 mos ago almost. Think your experience is the exception...most folks are reporting much of dealers lot for sale includes pre-owned models and new ones are for delivery to pre-ordered customers for the most part. So strange...a Porsche dealer without any new cars to show and sell!

Wiring harness issue complicated things a great deal i hear. Although many factories were in Western Ukraine and spared and it only made up like 5-8% of supply...they lost not only the supply but the technical expertise and skilled workers as well as other global supply chain disruptions. Some of the other raw goods for batteries and such come from those areas or areas that are now preoccupied with grain and working around sanctions and energy redistribution so yeah while cars are being produced still its an amazing feat of balancing production, supply, and demand...so yeah can see why folks are seeing 6mo to 18 mos or longer for cars...remember Porsche still hasn't made many GT3 or GTS or Turbo S 992s also and this is going on across the line up. Friend of mine still cannot get a GT3 or Turbo allocation thru 2024 almost it seems...other just sold his 2019 Lamborghini Huracan for almost $80k more than he bought it for just 15 mos ago to buy an steadily increasing house as he just retired from the military and needed a place to settled down. Its crazy out there...these are not normal times my friends. GL to all!
Not sure to many soldiers in the UK drive around in Lambos!!!!

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I was at North Scottsdale Porsche yesterday for a software update. two nice 4S for only $40K over MSRP.
That's asinine! 40 over!? Every P-car I've purchased through my dealer gives me a discount - including a GTS model and my Taycan.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
Yeah I just sold my 992.1 Turbo S I got in November of 2020 for a 50k profit. I’m using the funds to “upgrade” to a new F8 Being built now. Thankfully I placed my Taycan TTS order early and was able to still get my 5% discount based on how different the world was last September. I love my Taycan but no way would I pay 40k over sticker for it

Scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
After the drive, and because she wanted more info about a 4s, I gave her the name of my sales rep at Porsche (a really nice guy), and then texted him to let him know she would be calling. He got back to me with a text saying it could be a long wait. I called him at that point and he told me that the new order horizon for a 4s was now 2 years - yikes!! :oops: He also said that some dealers are adding $10k - $20k markup to cars in their lots (double yikes! :oops::oops:)
If it’s the same dealership I am thinking of, that is the pot calling the kettle black. They are one of the worst around in regards to ADM as well as grossly undervaluing trades ($60k swing recently between ADM and trade versus out of state dealers).

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Powerpoint and politicans can promise everything... but in real-life, that's not possible (in 13 years).
Well, I should be alive in 13 years, so let's see... :cool:

Reactions: B61

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
I just picked up my GTS today after a 6mo wait. They said I was lucky and now people need to wait 18mo for one.
Yep, I’ve just been told c 19mth for delivery of a RWD Sport Turismo to the uk.

OP
OP
snstevens

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
If it’s the same dealership I am thinking of, that is the pot calling the kettle black. They are one of the worst around in regards to ADM as well as grossly undervaluing trades ($70k swing recently between ADM and trade versus out of state dealers).
Ok, so that is a strange comment. Not my experience at all at this particular dealer, and I know others who've shopped there without ADM or trade issues.

If you've got an issue with a dealer, probably better to be specific. Whether you want to go negative or not is up to you.

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
That's asinine! 40 over!? Every P-car I've purchased through my dealer gives me a discount - including a GTS model and my Taycan.
Consider yourself lucky compared to some shopper it seems.

Ah I see my old dealer is up to some of their usual tricks! LOL. Got my '13 991S from them and they were okay but for some of the other more desired models they could be absurdly pricey. $40k ADM for a 4S is crazy!
Not sure to many soldiers in the UK drive around in Lambos!!!!
He was retired from the service and a physician...so a bit more affordable. :)

GTSCarLife

First Name
GTS Car Life
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 997 GTS, 85.5 944, 16 Cayenne S, 23Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
We placed the order for my wife's Taycan 4S Cross Turismo on December 12, 2021 and it is scheduled to be built in November. This will be our 6th Porsche and we use only our dealer for all services. A friend of mine who is a very frequent and top level customer is on his 3rd Taycan but all have been incoming orders canceled by others. So yes, they are hard to get.

iipabrewer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Enjoying my 21' Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow $40K ADM is insane. I've been looking quite a bit at Audit GT, Taycan 4/4S and the BMW I4 M50 (finally bought a Taycan 4S this past weekend!) and the most common ADM in Southern CA that I found was $15-20K for the Taycan. Long story but I had a build for the summer at $10K but also certainly saw a lot of $20K. FWIW I just today cancelled it, so if someone is looking for a Blue/black Taycan 4 that is coming this summer to SoCal PM me.
Sponsored