Badboyscope

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport P500e, Taycan Cross Tourismo 4S
Country flag
Hi guys in a complete YOLO/midlife crisis moment, Ive placed an order on a CT 4S in ice grey. Checking all your builds has been really helpful in making cosmetic decisions so thanks all.

Order code PPGVJKS7

I've grateful for your advice on the spec in case I've gone for things that are pointless or unnecessary as I'm not on an unlimited budget but I do want a custom experience as I plan on having the for a while.

The car will be a daily driver not much motorway miles suburban roads.

Have I missed off any crucial extras?

Unsure about
150kW on-board DC-DC converter - I live in the UK on the south coast does this have any utility? I have a car charger at home non 3 phase.

Ventilated seats - they are good in 2 months of summer on my range rover but as I need to upgrade the seats too is it worth the 2k to upgrade the seats and vent? I tried the massage function which i dont think is worth the money. If upgrading what do you think of the sports vs 14 comfort seats?

Privacy glass and sports sound - why does it get so much hate?

Lastly:

Dealer scratch insurance and ceramic coating - I'm thinking the scratch insurance is worth it for the matte wheels. I'm thinking ceramic Ill go with a detailer or PPF but was wondering if its worth negotiating on it.

Thanks in advance everyone
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Add lane change assist/blind spot monitoring
I really like adaptive cruise control and suggest keeping it.

xyeahtony

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Integra 6MT, 23 CT4S
Country flag
I ordered a 4SCT 2 weeks ago as well. I did not spec the 400V/150kw charger add on, but i live in the USA where such chargers are rare. It would probably be more useful in the UK because it'll allow you to get more speed at tesla superchargers.

Everyone i've read online say the 14 way seats are more welcoming for larger peoples, the 18 ways are a big snug. i got the 14 way because i want the massage seats.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
We're spookily similar in spec and, in my opinion, you've optioned the car well and will end up with something very much your own.

Others will no doubt provide their advice but here's a couple of thoughts:

1. Add B-pillar Racetex. The standard plastic isn't great and can mark easily. The Racetex looks and should wear, better. I also went with the roof handles in Racetex. Rather expensive but I preferred the Racetex look rather than the standard handles.
  2. Rear Axle Steering. There's a separate thread regarding its usefullness. I have optioned for its low speed manoeuvring assistance.
Hopefully of use.

DavidS78

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag

I have no opinion on the love/Hate commentary but I can give you my opinion and experience as person who recently took delivery of a CT 4S

Sports Sound:
I have this spec'd. I love it in a geeky kinda way but I do not let it on a lot. By no means do I need it and if i had my time back I may have added a different option in it's place.

Privacy Glass:
I have a car in Carmine red and, in my opinion, it sets this colour off very well. Colours and styling tend to be personal. I could see how you would be torn (especially with Ice grey) but my recommendation would be to go with YOUR heart on this one as it is such a personal choice.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Privacy glass- most seem to prefer it, particularly to contrast with lighter paint choices (even more so with a pano roof and the CT's black roof spoiler trim) plus of course it's useful in a CT or ST to obscure anything in the back.
Sport sound- personal, but for me it's in the annoying gimmick category (the real motor sound gives me plenty enough aural feedback) and I wouldn't want it even if it were free :)

As you've already added RaceTex headlining I recommend extending it with the lower B pillar option.

I opted for Windscreen grey top tint as I assume it has some effect internally, isn't noticeable on the outside and is one of the cheapest options.

OP
OP

Badboyscope

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport P500e, Taycan Cross Tourismo 4S
Country flag
Thanks for all your responses everyone

B Pillar race tex seems like a good plan thanks for tipping off about the plastic standard. Ill probably go for the 14 way but ill pop in and try the seats out next time I drive past the showroom.

With regard to the 150W DC-DC converter are there any Brits who have an opinion on this?

Cheers
Sponsored