Ordering question

herminal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model S
Country flag
So, I made a custom order on a Tayacan Sport Turismo. I specced it with a heated steering wheel. Then before the freeze date I told my SA I want to add sport chrono, delete ACC and change the colour…

Then I signed the changed order…
Now ( months later ) car will be delivered in a few weeks it seems it doesn’t have the heated steering wheel.. I checked the final order and indeed it’s not mentioned on it..

I think what happened is, if you spec a heated steering wheel and the spec sport chrono, the configurator removes the heated wheel and you need to add it again.. I think the SA forgot this🙃

on the other hand I actually signed the order slip…

I really really want the heated wheel but it seems Porsche doesn’t retrofit it 😱

you reckon there is something I can do ??
Sponsored

Skystorm

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS
Country flag
I dont´t know for sure but I think to change the steering wheel is not so much work but quite expensive.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
If it's the error of your dealer, then they will have to rectify it, meaning no cost to you.

If it is your error, then the steering wheel alone costs circa 3,100 euros, plus labour on top. I would just live with it at that cost, it's not worth it.

Ultimately, you signed off on this, so I think you will be hard pressed to have your dealer agree to the "error", when you had the opportunity to review the final spec.

I wouldn't dwell on it, it's just a steering wheel. Buy some insulated driving gloves for the colder months.

Last edited:

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
the car has a pre-heat function, so the wheel will be warm enough when needed! Try not to stress about it!
Sponsored