Over MSRP

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
All the dealers are charging over MSRP here in SoCal. Has anyone been able to get the car at or below MSRP?
Sponsored

RingoDingo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All the dealers are charging over MSRP here in SoCal. Has anyone been able to get the car at or below MSRP?
In Austin, dealers still at MSRP. They aren’t keeping new cars in stock for more than a few days, though.

ChronoMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mamba Taycan CT
Country flag
sill amazed with PECLA being an option for how many years now, why Cali people dont simply order from out of state where ADMs aren't such a thing...

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Ordered one in ATX a few days ago and it was at MSRP. Delivery expected in late Jan or early Feb.

amelen

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.alexmelen.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I work with a bunch, most have been trying to hold things at MSRP (aside from 911's), but recently there has been pressure to start doing above MSRP on pretty much everything (besides Macans). If anyone is still at MSRP and you need the car ASAP, I'd suggest jumping on it. If you can wait, I think prices will come back to reality in 6-12mo. As always, I'm more than happy to connect folks with the GM's I work with, but I'm not sure if any of them would do MSRP at this point (I can always ask though).

jhawks9028

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan Base
Country flag
Porsche Bethesda (MD) sold me my RWD on Saturday for $1500 less than MSRP, saying that the average price had gone down since our order in July.

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Porsche Bethesda (MD) sold me my RWD on Saturday for $1500 less than MSRP, saying that the average price had gone down since our order in July.
This sounds like it was a custom order and they were willing to negotiate down when you were invoiced for the car?

It didn't occur to me to negotiate it when the car arrives.

OP
OP
goofysurfer

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
sill amazed with PECLA being an option for how many years now, why Cali people dont simply order from out of state where ADMs aren't such a thing...
Does PECLA still work for transfers from another state if the car's in their inventory? Or is it only for new builds?

hlakhani

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Acura NSX, 2018 MB E400 Wagon
Country flag
I just put a deposit for one at MSRP at Porsche Marin in NorCal, but the waitlist is pretty long. Stevens Creek Porsche was also selling the Taycans at MSRP as of last week.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Picking up my 2022 CT4 here in Texas tomorrow. MSRP and a tiny 1k returning customer discount.

OP
OP
goofysurfer

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
Can I ask for an update?

I was recently quoted $3500 over MSRP for a RWD
For a new car that's already at the dealer or for an order? If the car's already at the dealer and you want the car now, I think $3.5k is reasonable given the current situation with supply chain issues.

finaufan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan owner
Country flag
For a new car that's already at the dealer or for an order? If the car's already at the dealer and you want the car now, I think $3.5k is reasonable given the current situation with supply chain issues.
To clarify, that is the quoted markup for a new build once I get an allocation

OP
OP
goofysurfer

goofysurfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayman 981 2.7, 4CT
Country flag
To clarify, that is the quoted markup for a new build once I get an allocation
Do they even have an allocation available? Even if they do, I don't think you won't get the car until some time next year.
Sponsored