Owning 2 Taycans

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Just curious...would owning 2 Taycan's be completely insane??? I have 1 luv it...contemplating it but scared to give up Gasoline completely.
Sponsored

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
We have a Model Y Perf and then will have the Taycan. For us, it seems like it will be a non-issue giving up gas.

armanslr

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2022 Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Personally I would keep one EV and one ICE for road trips. I've have a Tesla and while the super charging stations are abundant, I don't like having to add about 45 minutes of charging time for every ~200 miles driven.

Planning to get a Taycan Turbo S for daily and have a Cayenne GT for road trips.

WoKe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC40 P8 & Taycan CT4S
Country flag
Not 2 Taycans, but we're making the switch to EV with both daily cars.
The Countryman PHEV has been replaced by a Volvo XC40 P8, and the Volvo XC90 T8 will soon be replaced with a Cross Turismo.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
As mentioned, it depends on how you use your vehicles. We have 2 EV's (Taycan and Audi etron) and a diesel F250 that I use to tow our Airstream and for occasional hauling. Still, 95% of our transportation is accomplished with the EV's so unless you have a specialized need 2 EV's could definitely work. To be honest, though, having an ICE vehicle as a backup, even if not much used, is somewhat reassuring.

OP
OP
Basebull7

Basebull7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Thanks for the responses...very helpful. I'm leaning to keep one EV which is my Taycan and an ICE. Right now I have a F-150 Lariat Gas... Extended Tank 36 Gal. so I fill up and I've got 750 miles.

That could be the family truckster for long hauls, and anything else the Taycan. I just think having a ICE is a little bit of peace of mind. Thanks again...You all have helped me.

f10tt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan, 2022 Cayenne, 2021 Bronco
Country flag
Personally I would keep one EV and one ICE for road trips. I've have a Tesla and while the super charging stations are abundant, I don't like having to add about 45 minutes of charging time for every ~200 miles driven.

Planning to get a Taycan Turbo S for daily and have a Cayenne GT for road trips.
I tried very hard to get a Cayenne Turbo GT allocation and couldn't. Would be very interested in your thoughts once you get it.

Riztime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan rwd
Country flag
I have a Tesla Model S (wife) Model X (daily driver) Taycan RWD (fun weekend car) and an Infiniti q80 (ICE/long trips)

Best of both worlds…

Once you go electric it’s really hard to cross back over.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
once you go EV it’s hard to go back to ICE - and owning two is in the cards

I’ve said multiple times in multiple posts: this is your first EV, not your last EV and there is more EV in your future not less…

the secret to multiple EV ownership is good home charging with separate dedicated or split-load EV chargers - ClipperCreek and and other’s have excellent “split” load EV chargers (one breaker but load is split/shared while both EV’s are charging but dedicated full load when only one EV is charging)

I’ve owned multiple EV’s for years and had virtually no ICE vehicles (Two Teslas and Two Bolts) - the secret to my success was 4 EV chargers on a single 100 amp circuit so that all 4 could charge at once overnight - and the chargers worked out sharing the load while they charged so all were done in the morning…

it worked well and I have no regrets…

if one EV is working for you two EV’s will work for you. I encourage it - I can barely stand the lag/noise of an ICE vehicle anymore - EV all the way for me. But I’m nuts…

LonePalmBJ

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S Gentian Blue Metallic, Black/Chalk,
Country flag
Go for it. All electric is not scary, and not all that uncommon around where I live. Our house is mostly all electric now, with a Taycan and an i3 as the daily drivers. The i3 has a seldom used gasoline range extender, so technically it's not a pure BEV, but it is being replaced with an F150 Lightning when/if our delivery position comes up.

(We also have a '65 VW and a '93 Jeep, but those are more family members than vehicles at this point.)

remanis

First Name
Amer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60, Volvo V60
Country flag
I have a Taycan Turbo S and a Volvo XC60 T8. I was very close to ordering the Taycan CT to replace the Volvo but if the rumors are true, the electric Macan is set for release summer 2022 with delivery early 2023 so I decided to wait. If the rumors are right it will have 500 km range which is good enough for me to go fully electric on both cars.

armanslr

First Name
Arman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche 911 Turbo S, 2022 Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I tried very hard to get a Cayenne Turbo GT allocation and couldn't. Would be very interested in your thoughts once you get it.
Super excited to get it. Wanted PTS but was not able to get a PTS allocation so going with Arctic Grey. Allocations were slim on them, I think only 1-2 per dealer.
Sponsored