Pairing tracking fobs to car failing at dealer

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The dealer tried to do the pairing of the fobs when I picked the car up but couldn't so scheduled to return today for them to try again but still no luck. They say they need the car for a few days to investigate and fix.

Anyone else face something similar and did the dealer say what it took to resolve?
Sponsored

IBZman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD (ordered), 911 Carrera S (992)
Country flag
On my 911 this took a month! Good luck!

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The dealer tried to do the pairing of the fobs when I picked the car up but couldn't so scheduled to return today for them to try again but still no luck. They say they need the car for a few days to investigate and fix.

Anyone else face something similar and did the dealer say what it took to resolve?
Mine initially worked fine and then I discovered the PVTS+ went offline for 2 weeks (no notification and no way of knowing). I had a hunch something wasn't right so I called Vodafone SOC and they confirmed the unit had gone offline and precisely when it happened.

A further trip to the dealers to re-pair cured the problem but what I thought would be a 15 min exercise took 2 hours. Not sure what this entails but apparently not straight-forward.

I think the units can go off for whatever reason which may require a replacement (not the fobs).

Doesn't inspire confidence in an anti-theft device that you have no way of knowing if it is active or not .... unless you trip it or periodically contact the SOC.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine initially worked fine and then I discovered the PVTS+ went offline for 2 weeks (no notification and no way of knowing). I had a hunch something wasn't right so I called Vodafone SOC and they confirmed the unit had gone offline and precisely when it happened.

A further trip to the dealers to re-pair cured the problem but what I thought would be a 15 min exercise took 2 hours. Not sure what this entails but apparently not straight-forward.

I think the units can go off for whatever reason which may require a replacement (not the fobs).

Doesn't inspire confidence in an anti-theft device that you have no way of knowing if it is active or not .... unless you trip it or periodically contact the SOC.
Yep I'm just getting the vibe that they are a little over their head with all the tech. Hopefully this one is easy enough as it's available on all their cars.

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No loan car for the first two weeks - until I made representations! Then got the boss’s Taycan ?
I'm negotiating the same now ;)

OP
OP
dragcity

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Have they said yet that it’s due to an issue in Germany?
Not yet but they are thinking it's a faulty tracker
Sponsored