dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
If it's anything like the glass roof on the Model 3 many will barely notice the light or heat. Owning cars with a moonroof I was concerned at first (living in Florida) but it's very different technology going into these things now.
Sponsored

atlaturne

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ISC and Taycan on order
Country flag
I looked into having a blackout film applied to the interior surface. Its doable and cost around USD $500. I still chose to go with the aluminum roof because I also prefer the esthetic of the notched solid roof
I was not given the option of the aluminum roof-I had to include the larger battery and the panoramic roof?

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
I have ordered mine and if the glass roof is too annoying in the heat I will check if there are options. Anyone?
If all you get is the glass roof and end up hating it, you could always darken it with window tint film. The options are wide.

Personally I didn’t expect to like it, but ended up having no problem with it at all. It’s well tinted, reflects heat very well, and let’s in light. It is (like all things Porsche) very well designed and tested.

Incredible car! You’re going to like it!

Cheers

r553

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Spyder, 2015 Cayenne Diesel, 2020 Taycan 4s
Country flag

I have no affiliation:

Heather's Original Heatshield [email protected]

2020 Porsche Taycan Sedan
Product​
Color​
Qty​
Price​
Front Windshield
Item# 2030​
Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof - benefit you driver ore.com%2Fimages%2Femail%2Fcolor_indicator__silver
1​
$39.95​
Top Window
Item# 2030T-A​
Porsche Taycan Panoramic roof - benefit you driver ore.com%2Fimages%2Femail%2Fcolor_indicator__silver
1​
$39.95​

Last edited:

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If all you get is the glass roof and end up hating it, you could always darken it with window tint film. The options are wide.

Personally I didn’t expect to like it, but ended up having no problem with it at all. It’s well tinted, reflects heat very well, and let’s in light. It is (like all things Porsche) very well designed and tested.

Incredible car! You’re going to like it!

Cheers
Since you live in hot southern CA I can rely on your insight. Thank you so much! I've test driven the Taycan Turbo S at an experience center in Germany. I was shocked how much it was a sports car but I equally blown away by it. I am looking forward to my 4S+.

Thank again for your message!
Sponsored