Ahmad

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , Aston Martin rapide S
Country flag
Hey all, I was wondering if any here experienced the panoramic roof in hot and sunny weather?

I am talking 45 degree Celsius and extreme UV index in Dubai

Thanks!
Sponsored

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
! مرحبا احمد
Not a problem for me here in the Phoenix Arizona USA area. My Taycan has the panoramic roof plus the thermal and noise insulated glass, and I added Xpel Prime XR 35% tint on all sides and rear glass with over 90% heat rejection for our sunny scorching Arizona summers (over 110 °F / 43 °C). The panoramic roof blocks over 99 percent of the UV rays.

Last summer I drove 280 miles (451 km) from Phoenix to Las Vegas when the temperature was 114 °F (45.5 °C). The air conditioning was on setting 2 of 6 at 61 °F (16 °C), and the seat ventilation was on the highest setting. I was cool and comfortable all the time. The roof was warm (but not hot) to the touch.

I think you can have a window tint darker than 35% in Dubai, but I couldn't get any darker because of the local laws.

You'll be fine with the pano roof, but I urge you to get heat-rejecting window tint (which is much, much better than privacy glass) as well.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hey all, I was wondering if any here experienced the panoramic roof in hot and sunny weather?

I am talking 45 degree Celsius and extreme UV index in Dubai

Thanks!
It wouldn't be offered as an option if not suitable for the environment where used.

Abe

First Name
Abdallah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hello Ahmad.

I have a Taycan with pano roof in Dubai. The car comes standard with thermally insulated glass here, and on top of that I've had 70% tint installed on the windows and 40% on the roof (since it's already slightly tinted), and with the precool/preheat function you can set timers so that the car is cooled before you get in. With all of that I only feel the heat from the roof when I'm parked directly under the sun at noon.

If you want to PM me your phone number I can add you to the local Taycan Whatsapp group where you can get all your questions answered.

OP
OP

Ahmad

First Name
Ahmad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S , Aston Martin rapide S
Country flag
! مرحبا احمد

Not a problem for me here in the Phoenix Arizona USA area. My Taycan has the panoramic roof plus the thermal and noise insulated glass, and I added Xpel Prime XR 35% tint on all sides and rear glass with over 90% heat rejection for our sunny scorching Arizona summers (over 110 °F / 43 °C). The panoramic roof blocks over 99 percent of the UV rays.

Last summer I drove 280 miles (451 km) from Phoenix to Las Vegas when the temperature was 114 °F (45.5 °C). The air conditioning was on setting 2 of 6 at 61 °F (16 °C), and the seat ventilation was on the highest setting. I was cool and comfortable all the time. The roof was warm (but not hot) to the touch.

I think you can have a window tint darker than 35% in Dubai, but I couldn't get any darker because of the local laws.

You'll be fine with the pano roof, but I urge you to get heat-rejecting window tint (which is much, much better than privacy glass) as well.

[/youQUOTE]

Thank you that is quite helpful 😊
Sponsored