Park in the garage?

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
This is my favorite post on this forum! lmao

Thank you for the much needed entertainment - back to work :p
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have been charging my 2 previous PHEV and my Taycan in my attached garage.

The 2 PHEV I charged with the EVSE on a 220 plug. For the Taycan I installed 3 fase 22kw Wallbox.

I did install I smoke detector coupled to the home alarm system to wake me up just in case of fire. Also because this was the only space in our house that didn’t have a smoke detector yet.

Most important for safety will probably to have someone check your home electrical system and make sure it is ok for charging the Taycan. And I would install a smoke alarm.

RCorsa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TTS, F8, Urus S , Raptor R, X5, Tesla M3P
Country flag
My wife and I just built a brand new house and had it designed for EV now and in the future In an attached garage. We have 100amp dedicated for car charging at 50a each. That said, the cars and chargers are set to 40 amp (80%) which per our electrician is well within the safety for home charging and fire avoidance. Assuming your set up is safe from an electricity standpoint you should be fine. I’ve had 5 tesla and 2 taycans since 2012 and all were charged in a garage indoors without a single issue.

Last edited:

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
That said, the cars and chargers are set to 40 amp (80%)
The electrician knows what he's doing. In the US, the electrical code specifies that continuous loads (EV charging is considered a continuous load) need to be derated to 80% of the circuit capacity. If you have a circuit designed for 50 amps (50 amp breaker, 50 amp wire, conduit if needed) then the max your EVSE can run is 40 amps.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
This is my favorite post on this forum! lmao

Thank you for the much needed entertainment - back to work :p
Mine too. This was better than anything I could find on Netflix. Oh and yes I charge in my attached garage, next to our Tesla and my electric motorcycle. Often we live dangerously and charge all 3 at the same time!

Abdul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gentian Blue Taycan 4S...previously Ice Grey RWD
Country flag
I used to charge inside my garage until my mobile phone blew up inside the house a few days later. I also developed a sore knee which I think is related. I'm suing Samsung and Porsche and considering going for my GP too

williamo

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Macan S | 19 Range Rover | 22 Taycan (on order)
Country flag
How come you went for matching car colours, but not matching dog colours?
We just love dark blue over tan cars. Kind of wished Night Blue was available on the Taycan so they really matched.

As for the dogs, one was a custom factory order, the other a Certified Pre-Owned we are looking after for a few weeks 😂
Sponsored