CT alarm issue, how common is it?

Have you had issues with the alarm going off randomly?

• Total voters

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag
Did you tell them to just fix the issue already?? ;)

I have mine under control but I need to actively mange it, have all theapps uninstalled and unchecked the alarm in the PCM. Goes of mainly when it is plugged in. German electronics :/

Phil.
Sponsored

sfr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4s MY 2021
Country flag
I spoke to my S/A about my Car arriving shortly. I asked him about the Alarm issue and he said they tell all of their customers to just double click the key and that they have had no other issues. Strange that it doesn’t work for everyone.
Just to precise : "double click" is a temporary workaround. In any case it is a resolution of the issue.

Last edited:

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
Double click doesn’t always work. Switching on Privacy Mode seems to work, haven’t had an alarm in over a week with this. This would seem to indicate a software issue, if turning off external communications with the car stops this, likely some software function that is trying to initiate a communication either to or from the car is causing the alarm to go off. I deleted all apps and still got the alarm going off, so likely caused by the car initiating something?

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Double click doesn’t always work. Switching on Privacy Mode seems to work, haven’t had an alarm in over a week with this. This would seem to indicate a software issue, if turning off external communications with the car stops this, likely some software function that is trying to initiate a communication either to or from the car is causing the alarm to go off. I deleted all apps and still got the alarm going off, so likely caused by the car initiating something?
Double click does work, if it is recognized correctly by the car. You have to check the reaction after double-clicking: only if the lights flash three times (two times short, third time longer), the interior alarm is deactivated!

But that's only a poor workaround.

I did not test switching off the privacy mode, yet. Do not want to be woken up by the car alarm in the middle of the night.

jimtoniq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Good news. I was called in by my dealership as Porsche Stuttgart has reported a fix for the alarm issue. The interior motion sensors have been replaced by a modified version which has a new partnumber. Obviously the original must have had a production or design flaw. The replacement was done yesterday and so far no false alarms. In my case I would have had at least one by now so I am quite convinced that the issue is now resolved. Will keep you updated.

steen

First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB E-class coupe
Country flag
Im receiving my ct4 in a week, and have informed my dealer that They should check The sensor before delivery.

My dealer said, that they could not check it, since the issue only happens after you have logged in with a connect account. I don’t think they know why it happens other than it is somehow happening after log in.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Good news. I was called in by my dealership as Porsche Stuttgart has reported a fix for the alarm issue. The interior motion sensors have been replaced by a modified version which has a new partnumber. Obviously the original must have had a production or design flaw. The replacement was done yesterday and so far no false alarms. In my case I would have had at least one by now so I am quite convinced that the issue is now resolved. Will keep you updated.
Good news. Thanks for sharing. Mine will be produced in 3 weeks. I presume it will have the new sensors.

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
My Porsche dealer (near cologne) told me today that I should not believe every statement in the World Wide Web :D
According to him, they will again read the error memory (not sure if that’s the correct English word) and sent the data to Porsche to be analyzed. Then they will be told if replacing some parts will fix the issue or not…

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
My Porsche dealer (near cologne) told me today that I should not believe every statement in the World Wide Web
Whaaaaat? That’s crazy talk.

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag

Good to hear. Is this going to be fixed as part of a recall?

jdrei

First Name
Jan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Good to hear. Is this going to be fixed as part of a recall?
According to my Porsche dealer, there is no official recall on this. Nor has it been confirmed that there is a standardized solution to the problem.
Therefore, I would have to take my car to the Porsche dealer, have the fault memory read out, and depending on the result, Porsche will decide whether or not the problem can be fixed by replacing sensors.

OP
OP
DrT

DrT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
So they have developed a hardware solution for a software problem? Sounds like Porsche engineering?

neilj007

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Macan, Renault Zoe
Country flag
I've had a few alarm issues - setting off the tracker too. Once when driving and twice whilst using the app - just scrolling through.
Updated my app to the new My Porsche app but since had only one instance of using the app triggering the alarm (but not the tracker)
The car's been back to the dealer who reported the issues to HO who've reported back to the dealer - it's now booked in for three days later in january. I'm not yet sure what they're planning to do (I forgot to ask, doh!) so will ask when I take it in

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
had this alarm issue intermittently on my CT from week 1 - my dealer ordered and replaced / installed new internal sensors and the alarm issue has not reoccurred since over 4 months now
Sponsored