PCM Lost its Marbles

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Yesterday the PCM went completely bonkers. Got in and the PCM said "Continue as Guest". Tried to switch accounts to my account and it was grayed out. So I continued as a guest because I didn't have time to futz with it.

Tried to turn the audio volume up and it wouldn't go above '1'. Selected the Media icon and got the spinning washing machine thingy.

Did the two-finger salute in the upper right and rebooted the PCM. Turns out you can't reboot to normal mode if you are moving. Car must be stationary. At a stop light I was able to reboot.

Still couldn't log in. My account was grayed out so I had to continue as a guest again. Everything else was working this time though.

Parked the car and when I came back a couple hours later everything was fine and and I was able to log in on my account.
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Mine did the same, except, I still can’t log in to my account. Going in for the software update in a week so they can sort it then.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
Yesterday the PCM went completely bonkers. Got in and the PCM said "Continue as Guest". Tried to switch accounts to my account and it was grayed out. So I continued as a guest because I didn't have time to futz with it.

Tried to turn the audio volume up and it wouldn't go above '1'. Selected the Media icon and got the spinning washing machine thingy.

Did the two-finger salute in the upper right and rebooted the PCM. Turns out you can't reboot to normal mode if you are moving. Car must be stationary. At a stop light I was able to reboot.

Still couldn't log in. My account was grayed out so I had to continue as a guest again. Everything else was working this time though.

Parked the car and when I came back a couple hours later everything was fine and and I was able to log in on my account.
What was the question again?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Software (recall) updated?

Thorgal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90T8 - Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Mine did the same, except, I still can’t log in to my account. Going in for the software update in a week so they can sort it then.
Do the 12V reset (decouple the battery it for a minute or 2). Instructions on the forum here.
Worked for me and many others. After that account restored and everything back to normal...

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
mine does something like this every now and then. just reboot with the 2 fingers and it will be fine once you lock up the car and let it rest ~ 1 hour

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Not yet. I figure if I wait another month or so they'll be another one. I'm a bit recalled out. I've already had six recalls and three more outstanding.
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right... your car has been the subject of nine recalls???

OP
OP

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm not sure if I'm reading this right... your car has been the subject of nine recalls???
Yes. Six already performed, three still needed.

Many of the recalls aren't known to the customer. The service manager made the mistake of giving me the internal work order instead of my copy and there were a bunch of "quiet" recalls that were needed.

If you brought your car in for a recall campaign it's likely there were several of these "quiet" recalls they also performed.

OP
OP

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I guess "recall" isn't the correct term. When I brought the car in last time there were three "recalls" and when I got the work order there were also three "campaigns" that were performed. I don't remember exactly what they were. One of them had something to do with a pressure sensor. Another was related to the A/C.

OP
OP

MartyMeatball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Still, your question should've been: "Do I need to worry?" 🤷🏻‍♂️
This is what forums are for and we're here to help you.
Wasn't looking for help. Just sharing an experience.

Reactions: Dee

mmdumi

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan cross turismo
Country flag

Mine does the same when I park the car in a basement or a place with low or no internet connection.
Indeed after a few hours it gets back to normal but its still extremely frustrating.
I would suggest to not do the 12v thing but just wait for it to be back to normal.
My car hasnt had the latest update. Cant wait to see in a couple of weeks if this issue will be sorted.

TXAG

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
Yes. Six already performed, three still needed.

Many of the recalls aren't known to the customer. The service manager made the mistake of giving me the internal work order instead of my copy and there were a bunch of "quiet" recalls that were needed.

If you brought your car in for a recall campaign it's likely there were several of these "quiet" recalls they also performed.
I hope you can share what those quiet recalls were on a separate thread ...
Sponsored