Pending Taycan Delivery - Concern

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
I was also one who thought that the problems were overstated by people on this forum and that I would take a wait and see approach. After 3 weeks of waiting, this is what I've seen.

1. Alarm goes off for no reason, constantly. It seems fine if I disable the interior monitoring.

2. Remaining range on the main display shows in KM even though the number is in miles and the car is set to display miles

3. Sometimes the car starts with German displayed ("not a bug" according to Porsche)

4. Sometimes the map and extended map views in the instrument cluster don't work and it just shows a blank black space instead

5. Couldn’t log into Porsche Connect in the car. Red flashing SOS light. (Resolved by the dealer after 2 weeks)

So far, I'm not very impressed with my first Porsche. The car does drive great and seems to be made with good materials and craftsmanship but the usability of the software is quite poor. I think I'm going to have to take it in for its second dealer service visit in the first month of ownership because of the alarm issue.
I’m picking up my car this week and I’m wondering on the alarm issue- if you park in your Garage and leave the car unlocked and the Alarm off does that temporarily solve the problem? I never turn on my alarms on my other cars when parked inside my Garage. I realize this is only a temp fix.
Sponsored

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
Why fix it if it isn't broken? It seems to me since @terryS says zero problems, that means he doesn't require any fixes. He likes the car exactly as it functions today, therefore best case scenario nothing changes after fixes, so why mess with it. If it's a safety recall, Porsche should be communicating it as such.
Me too. I have two letter recalls - the one for the rear seatbelts and the one for the pre-collision hazard warning lights. The rear seatbelt is not an immediate issue - we have other vehicles that we use when the grandkids come to visit. If there is a more 'serious' recall I will have the dealership complete the rear seatbelt fix as well. I actually had an experience when the pre-collision warning was triggered from a driver approaching fast toward the read of the car (he changed lanes and avoided a collision). The warning surprised me, but once I figured out what it was and why it occurred I liked the feature. I'll pass on taking my car in for those recalls. Too level set though, I did take the car in for the 'big' computer fix a month or so after I took delivery of the car.

So, much like a few others, I have had an occasional glitch here and there that corrects itself on the next restart but why fix something that isn't broke? The biggest problem that I have with the car is 'range anxiety' but that is not the car's issue.................I just have to get over the hump. Reading others stories about long distance travel is both helpful and disturbing...........what do I do when I arrive at an EA station and the damn thing doesn't work????? But like I said, that is the hump that I need to get over!?

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Update - I got the car Christmas Eve. “Knock on wood” ….. no issues thus far. The car is fantastic! The only downer was the transport scratched several areas on the car. I’m having those addressed on Monday along with PPF and ceramic. I have new wheels on order with delivery in a few weeks. As mentioned, driving the car is amazing!

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I’m picking up my car this week and I’m wondering on the alarm issue- if you park in your Garage and leave the car unlocked and the Alarm off does that temporarily solve the problem? I never turn on my alarms on my other cars when parked inside my Garage. I realize this is only a temp fix.
If the doors are not locked or you disable interior monitoring then the alarm doesn't seem to go off unexpectedly

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
I've had my CT4 since mid November and put over 2500 miles on it since then, including a 600 mile road trip.

Other than some turd backing into the front bumper and putting a half dollar sized dent in there, the car has been phenomenal. It does have the alarm issue that every newer CT has, but this is remedied by just double clicking the lock button on the fob. I've also had a couple instances where the car doesn't allow me into my driver profile but they have all resolved on their own within a day, and is a minor inconvenience if anything.

All this is trivial though, and there has been nothing to limit me from actually driving the car and enjoying the hell out of it. Every time I walk to it in a parking lot or garage, it makes me smile and gives me a sense of joy I've rarely had with any other vehicle I've owned.

IcanTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, BMW 328xi
Country flag
Update - I got the car Christmas Eve. “Knock on wood” ….. no issues thus far. The car is fantastic! The only downer was the transport scratched several areas on the car. I’m having those addressed on Monday along with PPF and ceramic. I have new wheels on order with delivery in a few weeks. As mentioned, driving the car is amazing!
Good to hear no issues so far! However are the scratches fixable by paint correction? Keep updating us on your experiences. I am scheduled to pickup my CT4 early next year :)

OP
OP

Brazz

First Name
CB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Panamera 4S EH, 2022 Cayenne
Country flag
Good to hear no issues so far! However are the scratches fixable by paint correction? Keep updating us on your experiences. I am scheduled to pickup my CT4 early next year :)
Based on my untrained eye, it looks like the scratches can be buffed out. They are not that bad but noticeable on a dark car (Volcano Grey). Plus, the car is new, so the scratches are unacceptable. The shop will thoroughly clean the paint and buff before applying the PPF and ceramic. So, it will be fine. I'm excited about getting it done, plus the tint and wheels. I will post a pic when complete. Unfortunately, the Michelin Pilot 4 tires are on backorder, so the new wheels will be on the Continental All-Seasons. I think it will still look pretty good... but it would be better with the Pilot Sports.

ab521

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, CT4
Country flag
I leave my car unlocked in the garage, never had the alarm go off. It does go off if I lock it and don’t disable the interior sensors or put it into privacy mode. I did take it to the dealer, they contacted Porsche (they haven’t sold too many CTs), were told not to replace the interior sensors, no fix identified yet for this issue.
Sponsored