Permanent overboost power from Redshift?

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
They are just like cellphones, albeit 150x more expensive!! I think that makes them not quite so 'disposable'.

Agree with comments about not wanting to own one without a warranty. Although repairs on my old panamera turbo seemed to never be covered on the porsche extended warranty. "Oh, that's wear and tear Sir....." 🤷‍♂️
Porsche is the worst with warranty claims
Sponsored

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Porsche is the worst with warranty claims
Hmmm. I don’t quite get it really. The dealerships seem to behave like gatekeepers to block its use wherever possible. With a few exceptions where the dealers are owned directly by Porsche, I’d have thought they’d be on the customers side. Even Land Rover are more cooperative.
I guess they get paid more for non-warranty work, but in my experience for my old car, it was generally the sort of stuff that absolutely didn’t need doing straight away, so I just said leave it! So they got nothing. Maybe I should feel bad about selling it to a best friend, though fortunately he wrote it off in 3 months before, anything broke. 😂

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Hmmm. I don’t quite get it really. The dealerships seem to behave like gatekeepers to block its use wherever possible. With a few exceptions where the dealers are owned directly by Porsche, I’d have thought they’d be on the customers side. Even Land Rover are more cooperative.
I guess they get paid more for non-warranty work, but in my experience for my old car, it was generally the sort of stuff that absolutely didn’t need doing straight away, so I just said leave it! So they got nothing. Maybe I should feel bad about selling it to a best friend, though fortunately he wrote it off in 3 months before, anything broke. 😂
Thats why i cant stand Porsche dealers.

I know the lemon laws so Ive dealt with Porsche corporate. A friends Cayenne plug in tuned off 2x in the middle of the freeway, she didnt record it on video so the dealer said she was lying. In Lemon law, those are a sure thing, but Porsche is denied it. Many stories like this

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
No lemon law here I’m afraid.

mirrorman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thats why i cant stand Porsche dealers.

I know the lemon laws so Ive dealt with Porsche corporate. A friends Cayenne plug in tuned off 2x in the middle of the freeway, she didnt record it on video so the dealer said she was lying. In Lemon law, those are a sure thing, but Porsche is denied it. Many stories like this
That happened to me. Whenever I punched it it would just die. First time I brought it in Porsche said everything checks out. No errors. Then I recorded video every time it happened and they got Porsche to cough up. Took over 3 months though to get parts. Would have been a VERY expensive fix.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
know if he has any hesitancy in bringing his car in for service....I understand this tune isn't very easily detectable, but if a deeper level of diagnostics was required and if they found the tune, would Porsche automatically flag the car and void the warranty
most likely yes - if you've modified the vehicle and Porsche wants to they can void the warranty - and they will do so if it suite their purposes and you'd have very very little recourse…

this is a very risky path and you're simply handing Porsche an excuse on a silver platter if they want to make an issue out of it.

now am I confident this modification would actually cause a warranty issue - not at all - it probably won't or even could not - but good luck with that logic once Porsche has confirmed the modification…it simply won't matter.

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
I’m not sure my “butt dyno“ could discern the pre and post tune difference. Would love to see a genuine before and after dynamometer graph for this mod.

Fonndu

First Name
Fonndu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020. Turbo S
Country flag
Independent confirmation of dyno and 0-60 times would help with my decision whether to purchase or not. I am interested.
Sponsored