b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Just thought I would share some photos from my trip to Stuttgart from Perthshire Scotland

did just short of 2000 miles round trip

even got to park my car at the front door of the Porsche Museum for some photos

what a wonderful machine a proper grand tourer with the European charging infrastructure to match

every charger was 300kw + and they all worked

I nipped into the new Porsche Charging lounge and What a wonderful place to stop for a charge

And sitting between 150 km and 200 km per hour for lengths of time is quite addictive

Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1797
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1805
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1822
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1858
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1859
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1860
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1872
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1874
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1875
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1900
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1901
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1903
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1975
Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back IMG_1976

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
I spent 10 yrs stationed in Germany and it becomes the norm with the higher speed limits, then home on leave you really have to be mindful of lower speed limits in Belgium, France and UK. Spent many trips winding up the gendarmes in little Renaults with our 80’s/90’s hot hatches.

Even had my car impounded by the Belgian police on one occasion, but that’s a story for another day.

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
I spent 10 yrs stationed in Germany and it becomes the norm with the higher speed limits, then home on leave you really have to be mindful of lower speed limits in Belgium, France and UK. Spent many trips winding up the gendarmes in little Renaults with our 80’s/90’s hot hatches.

Even had my car impounded by the Belgian police on one occasion, but that’s a story for another day.
Today is another day. Spill the beans @Hanny

OP
OP
b16mov

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag

Yeah it gets addictive when you're sitting at 200km enjoying every mile , then you hit Holland and everyones at 100km

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Today is another day. Spill the beans @Hanny
….well, once upon a time in a country far far away……my mate was driving my Astra GSI, (chipped, sport exhaust), I was asleep but awoke to a bright light with what seemed at the time to be turning night into day. I asked what the hell it was, (pictorially like a scene from Close Encounters of ThirdKind - look it up young-uns😉). My mate had an expression like ‘here’s Jonnie’ and a mad grin on his face……..it was at this point I heard the Belgian police siren!

He seemed to hear it about the same time as I did, his expression and demeanour now changed to a ‘wasn’t me - honest’……

He thought that a local boy racer was trying to race him through the Kennedy tunnel, he was also playing with throttLe and exhaust sound prior in the tunnel, then, said local car flashed its headlights and he took it as a cue ….. ‘race on’.

At this point the police switched on their spot light which was the intense light that woke me up.

At that point we both looked at the speedo…….120mph, (speed limit in the tunnel was 80kph (note mph to kph).

We pulled over and two policemen walked either side of the car, policeman on drivers side reached in and removed the ignition keys, after a very one way conversation from the men in blue, we got the keys back and we then had to follow the police car to the nearest police station. We were led into a compound through an automated gate and we were told to park up and get into the police station, informed by the men in blue that we had to pay a fine to release the car. If we couldn’t/didn’t pay, the car could be taken to auction 😳

We also had two other passengers in the car and we were returning back from leave, as young forces guys we didnt have much money left after two weeks of beer, discos and general being ego macho walking young men who felt 10 foot tall to any girls who fell for cheesy chat up lines.

We were directed to the nearest garage that had a cash point but in them days, credit cards were for wealthy and taking money out of cash points had big charges with foreign currency.….if you had any money left in your bank accoun 🙄

What little money we could gather did not cover the fine but it did pay for a sandwich and a drink each….yum yum🤩. Also we had a plan🤔, so remaining change was spent on a cheap pair of gloves from the truckers part of the garage shop.

We walked back the couple of kilometres to the police station, we noted that it was getting lighter as dawn was fast approaching, so time was of the essence. We crossed over in to an adjacent field, up to a hedge right next to the automated gates that lead into the police impound/car park.

Observed a couple of police cars entering/exiting and the basic pin entry and motion sensors. Like coiled springs we leapt out of the bushes as a police exited leaving the gates temporarily open, put one of our newly purchased gloves on each sensor either side, which tricked the system to think a car was in the way and thus gates remained open. Made our way to my car, it was unlocked, got the spare key, then pushed out the car from the parking space. As there was a slight slope leading out, we jumped in once we had momentum, coasted past the gat with our gloves still covering the two sensors keeping the gates open.

Once near the main road, started the car and we speed 100mph plus out of Belgium, every car we saw on the way to the German border, we thought it was the police.

A month later, sent a bank cheque to Belgian police with our names and car reg for the amount of the fine……..it was never cashed. We were worried that we would end up on the Interpol most wanted (exaggeration) but high risk that they would be waiting for us on our next journey home!

……..oh when your young and no reservations of seriousness….a couple of months later, the first Gulf war kicked off and we deployed so no chance of Interpol following us out there 🥸

Sand dancer

First Name
Graeme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 996 turbo S, Taycan Spt Tur due Jan '23
Country flag
….well, once upon a time in a country far far away……my mate was driving my Astra GSI, (chipped, sport exhaust), I was asleep but awoke to a bright light with what seemed at the time to be turning night into day. I asked what the hell it was, (pictorially like a scene from Close Encounters of ThirdKind - look it up young-uns😉). My mate had an expression like ‘here’s Jonnie’ and a mad grin on his face……..it was at this point I heard the Belgian police siren!

He seemed to hear it about the same time as I did, his expression and demeanour now changed to a ‘wasn’t me - honest’……

He thought that a local boy racer was trying to race him through the Kennedy tunnel, he was also playing with throttLe and exhaust sound prior in the tunnel, then, said local car flashed its headlights and he took it as a cue ….. ‘race on’.

At this point the police switched on their spot light which was the intense light that woke me up.

At that point we both looked at the speedo…….120mph, (speed limit in the tunnel was 80kph (note mph to kph).

We pulled over and two policemen walked either side of the car, policeman on drivers side reached in and removed the ignition keys, after a very one way conversation from the men in blue, we got the keys back and we then had to follow the police car to the nearest police station. We were led into a compound through an automated gate and we were told to park up and get into the police station, informed by the men in blue that we had to pay a fine to release the car. If we couldn’t/didn’t pay, the car could be taken to auction 😳

We also had two other passengers in the car and we were returning back from leave, as young forces guys we didnt have much money left after two weeks of beer, discos and general being ego macho walking young men who felt 10 foot tall to any girls who fell for cheesy chat up lines.

We were directed to the nearest garage that had a cash point but in them days, credit cards were for wealthy and taking money out of cash points had big charges with foreign currency.….if you had any money left in your bank accoun 🙄

What little money we could gather did not cover the fine but it did pay for a sandwich and a drink each….yum yum🤩. Also we had a plan🤔, so remaining change was spent on a cheap pair of gloves from the truckers part of the garage shop.

We walked back the couple of kilometres to the police station, we noted that it was getting lighter as dawn was fast approaching, so time was of the essence. We crossed over in to an adjacent field, up to a hedge right next to the automated gates that lead into the police impound/car park.

Observed a couple of police cars entering/exiting and the basic pin entry and motion sensors. Like coiled springs we leapt out of the bushes as a police exited leaving the gates temporarily open, put one of our newly purchased gloves on each sensor either side, which tricked the system to think a car was in the way and thus gates remained open. Made our way to my car, it was unlocked, got the spare key, then pushed out the car from the parking space. As there was a slight slope leading out, we jumped in once we had momentum, coasted past the gat with our gloves still covering the two sensors keeping the gates open.

Once near the main road, started the car and we speed 100mph plus out of Belgium, every car we saw on the way to the German border, we thought it was the police.

A month later, sent a bank cheque to Belgian police with our names and car reg for the amount of the fine……..it was never cashed. We were worried that we would end up on the Interpol most wanted (exaggeration) but high risk that they would be waiting for us on our next journey home!

……..oh when your young and no reservations of seriousness….a couple of months later, the first Gulf war kicked off and we deployed so no chance of Interpol following us out there 🥸
Great story - love the touch with the gloves. I don't know what you look like but I suspect you'd be played by Sean Bean in the film version

Porsche Taycan Perth to Stuttgart and back GoneTheyGIF

Graham

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
Just thought I would share some photos from my trip to Stuttgart from Perthshire Scotland

did just short of 2000 miles round trip

even got to park my car at the front door of the Porsche Museum for some photos

what a wonderful machine a proper grand tourer with the European charging infrastructure to match

every charger was 300kw + and they all worked

I nipped into the new Porsche Charging lounge and What a wonderful place to stop for a charge

And sitting between 150 km and 200 km per hour for lengths of time is quite addictive

IMG_1797.jpeg
IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1822.jpeg
IMG_1858.jpeg
IMG_1859.jpeg
IMG_1860.jpeg
IMG_1872.jpeg
IMG_1874.jpeg
IMG_1875.jpeg
IMG_1900.jpeg
IMG_1901.jpeg
IMG_1903.jpeg
IMG_1975.jpeg
IMG_1976.jpeg
Hi
This sounds like you had a great trip to Stuggart with your Taycan
Just a general question I noted at a 100% you were indicating a range of 273 miles per charge.
The best I have had on my Taycan in summer months has been 250 miles at 100% charge.
Is that the normal range you are achieving or is there something wrong with my car.
by the way I normally drive fairly sensibly in case someone thinks I have a heavy foot.
Looking forward to your comment
BR

OP
OP
b16mov

b16mov

First Name
ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Hi
This sounds like you had a great trip to Stuggart with your Taycan
Just a general question I noted at a 100% you were indicating a range of 273 miles per charge.
The best I have had on my Taycan in summer months has been 250 miles at 100% charge.
Is that the normal range you are achieving or is there something wrong with my car.
by the way I normally drive fairly sensibly in case someone thinks I have a heavy foot.
Looking forward to your comment
BR
I’m also getting around the 250 mark at 100% but I switched it to range once it was fully charged and it added the extra miles ,

I don’t normally charge to 100% unless I’m away for a longer drive ,
I’ve had the car now for 8 x months and it’s increased every time I’ve gone to 100%

It all depends on temperature of the battery and temperature outside, in the winter months you don’t get as many miles @ 100%

but yeah the trip was just unreal I’m now looking into a longer trip around Germany as the charging infrastructure is just so good
They have 300kw + chargers everywhere so you are basically back on the road in 15/20 mins
And just to sit around 100mph +
in the Taycan with bursts of power when you need it is unbelievable, what a machine it’s just so good 😊
Sponsored