Stuttgart to Sydney...and beyond

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
YES!!

Thanks to all of my forum mates for your support over the past 16 months. You were all 100% correct. It is amazing. More pics and posts to come.

TaycanFinal1.jpg

TaycanFinal2.jpg
Finally, then end of the custom order journey. Enjoy the feeling, plan some road-trips, it's a fun car. Perhaps look into radar and laser countermeasures - this car is fast and sometimes you just don't feel the speed.

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
oh no... they put the steering wheel on the wrong side :oops:

jk... congrats on your new car. Looks gorgeous. Enjoy!

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Bloodie Brilliant Ozzie. You had the rough end of the stick towards the end.

But quickly, all of that fades and you're now left with just the awesome car.

Thanks again for your intel in this thread, helped me a lot in my wait.

Wishing you and the GTS the best of times!
Thanks so much for your support Shannon.

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Finally, then end of the custom order journey. Enjoy the feeling, plan some road-trips, it's a fun car. Perhaps look into radar and laser countermeasures - this car is fast and sometimes you just don't feel the speed.
Thanks @whitex you’ve been with me all the way! Unfortunately radar and laser countermeasures (like the term) are illegal in Australia. There are very heavy penalties. Our police radar detectors are advanced and are designed to detect speeding and ‘countermeasures’.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Thanks @whitex you’ve been with me all the way! Unfortunately radar and laser countermeasures (like the term) are illegal in Australia. There are very heavy penalties. Our police radar detectors are advanced and are designed to detect speeding and ‘countermeasures’.
The link I provided is to the AU user group, you can find there how people avoid detection. I used to live in Canada, so do remember having to conceal countermeasures (both from view and from detection).

OP
OP
OzzieT

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Welcome to the "metal roof club"!

I'll keep an eye out for your car on one of my many trips to Sydney – I haven't seen too many Taycan's in the CBD.
@tigerbalm interesting you should raise the metal roof, I will write a further post about this soon. I was pleasantly surprised, as was my sales advisor, as the roof has two lovely scoops which you can see here with the ridge down the middle. We were comparing that to the Taycan in the distance which has glass pano roof which has no scoops and is curved flat surface. I know which I prefer and which I think looks better. Something that did not come through in the configurator or something I noticed in the manufacturing photos.

Porsche Taycan Stuttgart to Sydney...and beyond IMG_2482

cityhpper

First Name
Johan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4. 20" summers, 20" winters.
Country flag
Great looks - congratulations!
Sponsored