greybox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future Taycan
Country flag
Can someone guide me on how to set up the wireless carplay? I know how to set up the carplay with the usb cable and I know how to do the wireless charging however I'm not sure how to set up the wireless carplay.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I have HUD in my Panamera but didn't option it on my Taycan order – mainly because I thought the extra "leather" around the instrument binnacle didn't look great to me on the configurator.

What's your thoughts on the changes to the dashboard including the HUD makes? Any close up pictures of the instrument surround appreciated.

I found the HUD best in conjunction with adaptive cruise control. I hope I don't miss it too much!
That’s is exactly where I use it the most in my X5 : speed, traffic signs and ACC. Did you regret not taking the HUD in the Taycan? I am also considering it not taking it. In the X5 it works really good so I was hoping to get it again but I am reading mixed reactions.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I don't miss it. I feel you sit low in the Taycan and the instrument cluster is in your line of sight. 911's don't have HUD's either.

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
yes. I agree the option cost mounts up. My personal choice was to leave off rear wheel steering, PDDC as the car handles v well with its low centre of gravity. Actually the PDDC keeps the car so flat it made me feel ill when i tried it and apparently the engineers decided to dial down its effects.for this reason...

Anyway returning to the HUD i have read that you cant see it with sunglasses on. I wear Raybans and can see it fine BUT i have the double skinned sound insulating and maybe uv flitering glass which might play a part - the HUD has to be ordered with this or one other option which i cant remember - maybe tinted glass . For personal preference i have turned the HUD brightness up If that makes a difference. The main thing about the HUD though is that you dont really have to take your eyes off the road to see key info like speed and nav.

Around here - near London - there are so many road signs, special speed limits, trafic light cameras, speed cameras that you need to have your eyes on the road. The HUD enables this. There is another side to this coin though that the amount of information coming at you and clearly in your eyeline can lead to a feeling of information overload (though you can reduce the info shown to your own prefence). But overall the HUD is a terrific option.

Finally on the binnacle yes it probably is less aethetically pleasing but personally i am ok with it and actually all it means is that the tapered aspect of the top of the binnacle going towards the windscreen is hidden by a curved cover. It doesnt bother me but its clearly a personal thing.
Sir. I am glad to see you chose not to do RAS and PDCC. I also decided against this for similar reasons so your response helped validate my conclusion.

How about PTV+? I saw one of the guys on YouTube suggest it for the Taycan and even for the 4S. Thoughts ?

Lansford

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I have HUD in my Panamera but didn't option it on my Taycan order – mainly because I thought the extra "leather" around the instrument binnacle didn't look great to me on the configurator.

What's your thoughts on the changes to the dashboard including the HUD makes? Any close up pictures of the instrument surround appreciated.

I found the HUD best in conjunction with adaptive cruise control. I hope I don't miss it too much!
Porsche Taycan Pic of Head Up Display (HUD) & Wireless CarPlay/Charging Screenshot_20220228-152836_Chrome

Porsche Taycan Pic of Head Up Display (HUD) & Wireless CarPlay/Charging Screenshot_20220228-152817_Chrome

Clod Reed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I accepted a 3 month delay to get contrast stitching. I felt the wait was worth it for something that I have always wanted. The stitching was a compromise to keep the understated nature of the white car but add something to break up the black. I felt I would regret not having it more than I would regret not getting the car sooner. I have waited this long for the car, what’s another 3 months??
did you getting stitching in the end?
Sponsored