Placing custom order for CT, would love feedback on couple of features

violuma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 RWD
Country flag
Time to have some fun
I contemplated Ultraviolet for about 5 minutes simply because the name is absolutely unbeatable, but decided to go with Viola Metallic because I prefer the deeper, darker, and more "glittery" properties of a metallic color. Ultraviolet looks more "candy-shell" to me, and I reasoned it would probably appear more consistent in different lighting conditions.

I wanted a violet velvet shapeshifter.
Sponsored

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 CT4S, Volvo XC90, BMW X3
Country flag
I contemplated Ultraviolet for about 5 minutes simply because the name is absolutely unbeatable, but decided to go with Viola Metallic because I prefer the deeper, darker, and more "glittery" properties of a metallic color. Ultraviolet looks more "candy-shell" to me, and I reasoned it would probably appear more consistent in different lighting conditions.

I wanted a violet velvet shapeshifter.
I showed the color to my wife, and now she is asking for me to get a color sample for it, too. So now it is between M4A and W84. I like both of them. But again, her ability to see differences between colors > my ability (likely why all my cars are either black or navy blue)

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Is that a deposit to wait for an allocation, or you have the allocation and now have a deposit down on a build? Just trying to judge how things are going, since I was told a much more ambitious and earlier timetable (which of course isn't happening).

I agree with Johnathon S, consider putting some money into seating. The base seats don't have lumbar and I consider that important, so think about the 14 or 18-way seats and maybe adding ventilation. Seating and the steering wheel are the parts you body really come into contact with and you're spending $100k+ on a car, so it needs to be just right. Sports chrono is kind of silly but its the only way to get the knob for quick mode selection, something so many other sports cars have standard.

Consider getting ACC in some form, possibly packaged with PID if that makes sense from a cost or packaging standpoint, even though you know you won't use PID. ALK can be added later so long as you have ACC.

Lastly most people won't mention this but I'd get the ionizer if your ordering a car. It's only $350 and cannot be added later, and over the lifetime of your car, it's nice to have. Probably the cheapest functioning option besides the locking wheel bolts.
Re. allocation. I am getting clarification on that. Given it is rather a large dealer, I bet we are in line to get an allocation, and this isn't build spot reservation. I will call couple others to see where we would stand in line.

Re. the seat, I will go and test it out more. I am a big dude, trust me, I am not sliding in any seat :)

Chrono does not appeal to me. I seldom change driving modes. I don't feel like paying that much to avoid clicking the shortcuts on the steering wheel or clicking through the screen to get to change driving mode.

Definitely getting ACC. LCA and 360 are a must for my wife. She almost walked away from this car until dealer showed her she can map 360 view to shortcut button, so like in her BMW, she can have her 360 easily while parking. Sadly Volvo in US does not allow for that, so she hates parking XC90. Takes several steps to get to 360 there.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
We put in a deposit on a build spot for CT. Told it would take about 18 months to deliver.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRY8E147

1. 100% set on getting RAS, but I'm not so sure about the need for PTV+. I have no plans to track the car, I have done 7 years of that with 987S and got that out of my system. Does PTV+ add enough to the stability in the corners in questionable weather conditions, or not enough to bother getting it?
2. Is my understanding correct that the base and GT steering wheels have the same radius? On the 987S, the sport wheel was smaller enough to allow for easier entry into the car for someone very tall (like me)
3. InnoDrive - I'm on the fence about that one. I have Volvo with PilotAssist2, which does a pretty good job if you are on the highway or in traffic. But it is useless on narrow roads unless there is a car ahead it can follow. I recall the Jaguar version being useless. How is Porsche's version of it?
18 months!? A lot can happen in that time. I wish you the best but I don't think I would want to wait so long for a new car. I had to wait 6 months and was beginning to wonder if I made a mistake! I hope that are delivering you at least a MY 2025.

BTW I have RAS and I'm very happy I added this. Its a much bigger car than my 911.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
18 months!? A lot can happen in that time. I wish you the best but I don't think I would want to wait so long for a new car. I had to wait 6 months and was beginning to wonder if I made a mistake! I hope that are delivering you at least a MY 2025.

BTW I have RAS and I'm very happy I added this. Its a much bigger car than my 911.
I had to wait for 987S back in '07 for 6 months FWIW. And those were... simpler times.
Would be curious to hear how long others have waited for PTS CT.

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
W84 is Viola Purple Metallic - it's lighter than 3AE/4VN. Not that I've spent eighty million hours staring at Rennbow or anything.
Your tip on colors is much appreciated! Yep, Rennbow has a sizeable record in my browser history :CWL:

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
EDIT: I checked what winter tires cost for this car. Yeah, 100% getting winter ones. I have a tire service that comes to my house and does seasonal tire swaps. The same rim, swap out tires.
Are you in the Boston area? What service do you use?

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Are you in the Boston area? What service do you use?
I swear by MyTireGuys. I think I am 5 years and counting with them. And when I need a new set, Jake gets me tires for the same as TireRack or less. Reasonable storage rates, too, if you need.

jrmuppet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Volvo XC60
Country flag
I swear by MyTireGuys. I think I am 5 years and counting with them. And when I need a new set, Jake gets me tires for the same as TireRack or less. Reasonable storage rates, too, if you need.
Sweet, thanks!

OP
OP

agurkas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hunting for allocations now... so far nobody has an open spot for PTS CT. Heard from several dealers that they are hoping for more production slots due to Panamera CT and ST variants being discontinued.

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I can’t add much in terms of PTS colour variations, however I’d consider clicking the ‘Exterior Inlays in High Gloss Black’. You’ve already specified the window surrounds in black so keeps the colour palette correct, and in my opinion, the standard silver isn’t great.

in regards to RWS I don’t have this option, but have driven Taycans with it and very much wish I did. I’d certainly select in future.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Hunting for allocations now... so far nobody has an open spot for PTS CT.
Did you search nationwide, or just nearest dealers? It took me well over a year of active searching to find my allocation last year. Porsche dealers used to trade allocations, essentially your SA would do the nationwide search for you, then trade allocations to get you one, but that seems to have stopped at some point and does not seem to the be case anymore. On a side note, there was a time earlier this year where there were a few dealers with open CT4 allocations around the country. They were all filled by now I'm sure, but also worth noting there is a rumored production halt and a refresh retooling coming up, so there may be a pause in allocations. I'd still talk to some dealers. If you find a friendly SA, they may be even willing do to a search for you (they still have the capability to search which dealer nationwide has what allocations - a leftover artifact from days when they used to trade allocations), then you can follow up with dealers that you know have an allocation to see if it's still open or has it been claimed already.
Sponsored

Last edited: