struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I picked up my car this week after a long 18 month wait. I had put a deposit down in September 2019. Due to a late allocation for a Turbo S that pushed me to a MY2021 and then the desire to add contrast stitching, I just got my car. Absolutely love it. However, when I picked up the car the red SOS light was flashing and we couldn’t login. I left it with the dealer overnight and they couldn’t get it working. I picked it up the next day while the dealership coordinated with Germany.

I live in condo with my car on the fourth level of underground parking. My cell phone doesn’t get a signal down there. However, I got a call from the dealer saying they were able to fix the car and pushed an update to the car. I was somewhat surprised and doubtful. When I went to the car, sure enough the green light was on and I was able to login.

I never thought I would be able to use the Connect app due to lack of signal. It works fine! A very pleasant surprise. Now it is time to go for a long drive...
Sponsored

OP
OP
struther

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
I picked up my car this week after a long 18 month wait. I had put a deposit down in September 2019. Due to a late allocation for a Turbo S that pushed me to a MY2021 and then the desire to add contrast stitching, I just got my car. Absolutely love it. However, when I picked up the car the red SOS light was flashing and we couldn’t login. I left it with the dealer overnight and they couldn’t get it working. I picked it up the next day while the dealership coordinated with Germany.

I live in condo with my car on the fourth level of underground parking. My cell phone doesn’t get a signal down there. However, I got a call from the dealer saying they were able to fix the car and pushed an update to the car. I was somewhat surprised and doubtful. When I went to the car, sure enough the green light was on and I was able to login.

I never thought I would be able to use the Connect app due to lack of signal. It works fine! A very pleasant surprise. Now it is time to go for a long drive...
Damn - just noticed the typo in the thread title. If I had a “string” wireless, that would explain the connection! It is supposed to be STRONG wireless. Can’t seem to edit the title on my phone though. Sorry!

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Damn - just noticed the typo in the thread title. If I had a “string” wireless, that would explain the connection!
That’s a great typo. Don’t change it. I had to click on it.

“String wireless? WTF? I don’t thing this guy knows what wireless is...”

Dave T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Damn - just noticed the typo in the thread title. If I had a “string” wireless, that would explain the connection! It is supposed to be STRONG wireless. Can’t seem to edit the title on my phone though. Sorry!
Go to the top of the thread, and you’ll see a button with three dots and a downward triangle. Click that, then “edit thread”, and you can change the title.

OP
OP
struther

struther

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan GTR, Nissan 350z
Country flag
Go to the top of the thread, and you’ll see a button with three dots and a downward triangle. Click that, then “edit thread”, and you can change the title.
I now feel the need to leave it otherwise all the comments won’t make sense! I actually getting a kick out of this thread. However, thanks for the tip - given my typing skills I will need it.
Sponsored