First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Good luck :like:
btw: do you need 4+1 seats? Imo, it’s almost unusable.
Sponsored

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I am now considering what to remove in order to get the Rear wheel steering. In my Taycan 4s I don't have it and so don't miss it (and never driven one with...)
I don't think you should sacrifice very much to enable you to add RWS, assuming you're happy with the steering of your current vehicle (I was happy with a CT 4S demonstrator that lacked that feature, even though I've specced it for my build). Hopefully you could then add PSP instead.

Incidentally, I was going to suggest not going with coloured wheel hubs, but when I saw your configuration I think they provide a nice splash of colour setting off the stylish high-contrast monochrome scheme you've chosen.

oxum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
I would try to remove a few cosmetic options in favour of RWS. Good discipline on staying within a budget! It's tough.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Have you considered CT4 (instead of 4S) with more options?
I'm quite sure that you won't regret having less horses (without glass roof) and more technical add-ons (like RWS, PDCC, matrix lights...)
That’s what I did. Just ordered yesterday. Dolomite Silver CT 4 with almost everything (not night vision, torque vectoring and PDCC). I was going for the ct 4 but got a ct 4s as a tester. I was afraid I wouldn’t be happy with the 4 anymore. My current car is an SUV with 0-100 in 5,6 sec. I hardly ever used it full power. Last week a tested a RWD to feel the power difference. It still has a good acceleration from 0 and on the highway from 70 km/h to 130 it was really quick. I think I will be happier with lots of options because for me I will use it everyday than once in a while when I am at a red light (without my wife) and have to do a sprint with a Tesla model 3. I could also afford a 4s but with the budget I am willing to give it would hardly have any options. Still not sure if I need torque vectoring and PDCC, the dealer says they hardly ever sell those.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Speaking about night vision: very, very, very useful.
very glad to have it, since there are lots of wild animals in my daily routes.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
I would always spec RAS on a car these days, there's just no downside.

I like PTV+ but it's not strictly necessary.

I do not like PDCC.

I'd add the acoustic insulated glass and RAS and remove the power charging port. Consider ventilated seats as well. Then your build looks great to me.
I have difficulties understanding what PTV+ will do and how it will improve day to day driving. Is this something I will feel when driving in long bends like an highway exit at speeds? Or on round abound? I am ordering a 4 CT with RWS.

Last edited:
OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
what PTV+ will do and how it will improve day to day drinking. Is this something I will feel when driving in long bends like an highway exit at speeds?
If it improves the day to day drinking that would be an achievement for Porsche :)

OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@ all - would welcome pictures too for the 20"s options.... if you have any in silver would be awesome too. Thanks

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
@ all - would welcome pictures too for the 20"s options.... if you have any in silver would be awesome too. Thanks
On page 14 of the “Dolomite silver club” thread are 3 different silver CT’s. I ordered the same 20 inch wheels as you, I think they look great. And I saw this one at the dealer last week it has the other 20 inch wheels. I chose for the black inlays. I prefer the contrast. The silver inlays look different than the Dolomite silver. And the dealer is going to install painted wheel arches (order turbo S parts and paint them). Going to decide definitely after seeing in person first.
Porsche Taycan Please critique my build :) F784F977-5DE1-43C3-9EE6-DE1D985A0C6B

OP
OP

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@McgR that actually looks quite stunning

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Good luck :like:
btw: do you need 4+1 seats? Imo, it’s almost unusable.
Future proofing for arguments with the mrs :) at least it is there :D
I've ridden in the rear middle seat of my Taycan a couple of times with four other adults in the car, and it's tight, but not uncomfortable for short trips. I'm 6.0 foot/1.83 meters tall for comparison. Also, the 4+1 (or ski package) option provides a pass-through access to the trunk that is not blocked by two rear passengers.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Define "short trips" :angel:
And, I'm wondering where did you put your legs?

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Speaking about night vision: very, very, very useful.
very glad to have it, since there are lots of wild animals in my daily routes.
Can you put it up on the passenger screen for the copilot?
Sponsored