Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for your help .

How do I disable it ?
It is straightforward and documented in the manual which I'm guessing you haven't read.

You will need the white envelope which came with the charger as this contains passwords etc.

You will need to enable the hotspot to configure.

Why did you purchase the PMCC if you had no means of network connection?

Do you have a 3 phase electrical supply - perhaps that's the reason?
Sponsored

Attachments

seskiyapan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is straightforward and documented in the manual which I'm guessing you haven't read.

You will need the white envelope which came with the charger as this contains passwords etc.

You will need to enable the hotspot to configure.

Why did you purchase the PMCC if you had no means of network connection?

Do you have a 3 phase electrical supply - perhaps that's the reason?
I dont know do I have other option for charging ? My dealer put it in the order whilst ordering . I did not wanted to go for a 3rd party charger either .

Yes I do have a 3 phase supply and 22 kw on board charger. The car charges in 4h and it is great .

I have the white envelope which has the PUK code I believe . I will check the document you sent me .

Thanks in advance .

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I dont know do I have other option for charging ? My dealer put it in the order whilst ordering . I did not wanted to go for a 3rd party charger either .

Yes I do have a 3 phase supply and 22 kw on board charger. The car charges in 4h and it is great .

I have the white envelope which has the PUK code I believe . I will check the document you sent me .

Thanks in advance .
You get the Porsche Mobile Charger Plus (PMC+) as standard (free) with the car BUT it has a maximum charge rate of 9.6kW (single phase). In order to take advantage of your 3 phase supply (which I’m envious off!) you need a charger which can a) charge up to 22kW, and b) the onboard 22kW AC charger in the car which is at additional cost.

So the PMCC will satisfy a) and b) in your case.

Both 11kW and 22kW charging require 3 phase supply. You got the right advice and as you have the 22kW AC onboard charger you should be able to charge up to that rate (perhaps 19.6kW) which is fantastic for home use.

If you hadn’t specified the onboard 22kW AC charger then you will be limited to 11kW maximum charge rate which is better than 9.6kW (i.e. quicker) but you could double that and half the charge time if you had 22kW AC onboard (which you have so all good).

I hope that makes sense.

Important that you configure your PMCC to take advantage of this and that the Amps are set correctly. The envelope has all the logon details you need - Web Home User and Web Tech User. Both are the same but the Tech User gives you access to everything so use it instead.

I think you can configure everything you need from the display panel without using the above accounts but to disable PLC you need to connect to the PMCC and the only way you can do this is to enable the hotspot on the PMCC and connect via your phone / tablet (creates a point to point network). The details are also in the envelope.

Once connected you should get a web page for Porsche Mobile Charger Connect Website - login as Tech user and go to PLC connections and disable (this will clear your error). Check also the charging settings and that it registers the correct amps for your supply. When you connect the charger to the car the PMCC should tell you what charge rate it has and should be in the range 19kW to a max of 22kW.

Review all of this in the manual first but it sounds more difficult than it actually is in practice.

epirali

First Name
Edmund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS Etron GT, Jaguar I-Pace, BMW i8, ex Taycan TTS
Country flag
Well just tested mine post update and it still doesn’t know my vehicle. Also the display STILL dins even when I set the brightness to 100. Anyone else have the dimming issue?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Well just tested mine post update and it still doesn’t know my vehicle. Also the display STILL dins even when I set the brightness to 100. Anyone else have the dimming issue?
Do you have plug and charge enabled in PCM and PLC to vehicle enabled on the PMCC?

If MY20 car then you may be wasting your time as I’m not certain Plug & Charge is available - some others on the forum where expecting to have it but didn’t post software upgrade.
Sponsored