simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
Yeah agreed. But I’d use it say if I was at my relatives house for a day and wanted to trickle a bit in. Also my local train station has free trickle charging with a 3PIN so if I’m in London for the day free charging is pretty nice.
If we’re away for the weekend or school holidays, will always try and book either hotel with Type 2 EVSE or holiday cottage etc again with usually 7kW EVSE which is nice if you’re otherwise in a charging desert like the tip of Cornwall or parts of Devon. Even Suffolk and Norfolk can be really patchy in places, generally saved by destination charging.
Sponsored

kempez

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo ST, Volvo XC90 T8
Country flag
If we’re away for the weekend or school holidays, will always try and book either hotel with Type 2 EVSE or holiday cottage etc again with usually 7kW EVSE which is nice if you’re otherwise in a charging desert like the tip of Cornwall or parts of Devon. Even Suffolk and Norfolk can be really patchy in places, generally saved by destination charging.
We currently use the XC90 T8 for longer trips. Especially for Cornwall/Devon. As you say: infrastructure sucks apart from some car parks etc with 7kW's

Tesla2Taycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S P85 + Taycan GTS
Country flag
I have to check again, but I think that's not true for me, because I have the Burmester. Apparently the amp is under the compartment, and the Burmester amp is larger.

I read that with the "standard" stereo (for trims where even BOSE is an option), the compartment is even larger.
I didn’t realize burmester owners like lost some trunk volume. Good to know.

gtm

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'73 Lotus, '23 GTS
Country flag
The PMC+ went straight to a shelf. Pack the Tesla Mobile Connector with a couple of adapters when traveling. Takes up very little space & is easy to handle.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Do you drive around with your PMCC? ChargerEverywhere

Porsche Taycan Do you drive around with your PMCC? Weixin Image_20230616080416

Lots of brands including NIO, Zeekr, even Audi has DC chargers installed in the carpark under a hotel and shopping mall in 3tier city.

Porsche Taycan Do you drive around with your PMCC? Weixin Image_20230616080430

Dedicated DC charger, brand new, next to a hotel.

Over here DC fast charging everywhere, makes no sense to drive a charger around.

Last edited: