W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I can not find this either! It is probably a MY21 feature?. I have been searching all over the PCM but no luck.

Pity I would have loved to try that else.
Yes I think you are right - it was part of the MY21 product launch but don't see why it can't be retro fitted if software related only.

One odd thing I have noticed is the time stamp on the PMCC is wrong even though it is set for UK. All charging telemetry times are GMT +7 ahead of where they ought to be and there is no obvious place to change. The timestamp is coming from the car apparently - buried somewhere!
Sponsored

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I think you are right - it was part of the MY21 product launch but don't see why it can't be retro fitted if software related only.

One odd thing I have noticed is the time stamp on the PMCC is wrong even though it is set for UK. All charging telemetry times are GMT +7 ahead of where they ought to be and there is no obvious place to change. The timestamp is coming from the car apparently - buried somewhere!
Adrian, did you ever get your timestamps correct? I saw you said the country was set correctly, but that is for language. I have a time zone setting on my PMCC:
Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 018C6081-F377-408A-AF92-120F9EAD70BF

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY2021, Panamera 4S
Country flag
Adrian, did you ever get your timestamps correct? I saw you said the country was set correctly, but that is for language. I have a time zone setting on my PMCC:
018C6081-F377-408A-AF92-120F9EAD70BF.jpeg
The problem is inside wifi, when the PMCC is connected on wifi it take the time from wifi, if the timezone on your wifi is configured on another time zone the pmcc dont work well.
For me this was the problem.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
018C6081-F377-408A-AF92-120F9EAD70BF.jpeg
Yeah I’ve checked the settings in every possible place but when i look at the charge logs (My Porsche - Home Charging Services or on the charger itself) they do not correspond to the start / end time I’ve set on my charger and so I’ve guessed at the GMT offset setting to ensure I get within my free charging window overnight.

It is most odd as the PMCC has the correct time, the car has the correct time, my router has the correct time, my phone has the correct time, my iPad has the correct time and my PC has the correct time HOWEVER the time stamp used appears to be coming from somewhere else (looks East Asia).

The other annoying thing is that as soon as the charger is connected (say 14:00 in the afternoon) i have a timer & profile set for a start time of 02:00, the charger clock starts running (behind the scenes) even though the car is not charging (on Pause as confirmed by PMCC flashing blue). Consequence is I get 14 - 16 hr charge periods recorded when the max it can be in reality is 5 hrs.

Also the PID (VIN) used is intended to be unique but it isn’t and is a weird generic one is used which at least displays the correct type of car on the PMCC (Taycan is displayed on top centre of the display) but not the actual car if that makes sense. Not a massive problem but i was hoping that after the WMA6 upgrade I’ve just had that this would have been corrected. This data ultimately appears in the charge logs and so if I had 2 Taycans all charge history would be grouped under the same PID and not the unique one as designed.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yeah I’ve checked the settings in every possible place but when i look at the charge logs (My Porsche - Home Charging Services or on the charger itself) they do not correspond to the start / end time I’ve set on my charger and so I’ve guessed at the GMT offset setting to ensure I get within my free charging window overnight.

It is most odd as the PMCC has the correct time, the car has the correct time, my router has the correct time, my phone has the correct time, my iPad has the correct time and my PC has the correct time HOWEVER the time stamp used appears to be coming from somewhere else (looks East Asia).

The other annoying thing is that as soon as the charger is connected (say 14:00 in the afternoon) i have a timer & profile set for a start time of 02:00, the charger clock starts running (behind the scenes) even though the car is not charging (on Pause as confirmed by PMCC flashing blue). Consequence is I get 14 - 16 hr charge periods recorded when the max it can be in reality is 5 hrs.

Also the PID (VIN) used is intended to be unique but it isn’t and is a weird generic one is used which at least displays the correct type of car on the PMCC (Taycan is displayed on top centre of the display) but not the actual car if that makes sense. Not a massive problem but i was hoping that after the WMA6 upgrade I’ve just had that this would have been corrected. This data ultimately appears in the charge logs and so if I had 2 Taycans all charge history would be grouped under the same PID and not the unique one as designed.
I try to explain, the pc or the phone don't take the gmt offset from router, the pc and iphone take the time from internet server, the pmcc theke the time from wifi or router.
In my case was setted wrong, after modification the time and the other things was right.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I try to explain, the pc or the phone don't take the gmt offset from router, the pc and iphone take the time from internet server, the pmcc thake the time from wifi or router.
In my case was setted wrong, after modification the time and the other things was right.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I try to explain, the pc or the phone don't take the gmt offset from router, the pc and iphone take the time from internet server, the pmcc theke the time from wifi or router.
Yes I understood thanks.

My router time is set automatically by the provider so I can’t change it. It is at the correct time.

There is also an override in the PMCC to determine where the time is sourced - WiFi or Car - but i can’t see a way to change it.

MrJack

First Name
Gianni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I understood thanks.

My router time is set automatically by the provider so I can’t change it. It is at the correct time.

There is also an override in the PMCC to determine where the time is sourced - WiFi or Car - but i can’t see a way to change it.
You must connect the phone with the hotspot of charger.
After that you must use browser on the phone and put address 192.168.0.1 (in my case) and login
with password provided with the charger, after this you can go on settings.
Maybe you can use this method too, leave on the wifi connection on the charger, look on the net information in charger the address of it and use in the browser of the phone for connect to the charger form the browser.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
You must connect the phone with the hotspot of charger.
After that you must use browser on the phone and put address 192.168.0.1 (in my case) and login
with password provided with the charger, after this you can go on settings.
Maybe you can use this method too, leave on the wifi connection on the charger, look on the net information in charger the address of it and use in the browser of the phone for connect to the charger form the browser.
Yes I have done that with the PMCC Web Connect page on my PC (don’t need to use the hotspot or phone). There are two accounts to connect with - Home (User) & Tech. Tried both and the option is locked to change time source. The obvious source would be the car rather than the router if not sourcing from internet directly.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yes I have done that with the PMCC Web Connect page on my PC (don’t need to use the hotspot or phone). There are two accounts to connect with - Home (User) & Tech. Tried both and the option is locked to change time source. The obvious source would be the car rather than the router if not sourcing from internet directly.
@W1NGE just curious if you've seen this resolved or not? I just took delivery last week and I was fairly certain the times were fine on the first plug in but a few days later i noticed absurdly long charge times on the PMCC display and it looks like I'm also getting the exact +7 GMT offset you're seeing.

if i unplug/plug PMCC, it has the correct time when viewed from web interface. once I plug the charger into the car, the time goes to +7 GMT and never changes back.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
@W1NGE just curious if you've seen this resolved or not? I just took delivery last week and I was fairly certain the times were fine on the first plug in but a few days later i noticed absurdly long charge times on the PMCC display and it looks like I'm also getting the exact +7 GMT offset you're seeing.

if i unplug/plug PMCC, it has the correct time when viewed from web interface. once I plug the charger into the car, the time goes to +7 GMT and never changes back.
PMCC is not the issue and remember the clock starts once you connect the charger cable if charging or not (paused) so the charge times are not what you see on the display or anywhere else.

To see the actual charge duration check your Porsche At Home Charging Service for a given session.

I logged a ticket with Porsche and they confirm the issue is on their side. That was 2 weeks ago so still waiting.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
PMCC is not the issue and remember the clock starts once you connect the charger cable if charging or not (paused) so the charge times are not what you see on the display or anywhere else.

To see the actual charge duration check your Porsche At Home Charging Service for a given session.

I logged a ticket with Porsche and they confirm the issue is on their side. That was 2 weeks ago so still waiting.
interesting. so you're saying the incorrect time displayed on the PMCC's web interface is a result of Porsche servers? as far as I can tell, the time is not displayable on the PMCC display, but you can see it on the web interface. it doesn't allow you to change it, but when the synchronization source is "Vehicle", the time for me is GMT +7. when the synchronization source is "Network time", it is the correct local time zone time.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
interesting. so you're saying the incorrect time displayed on the PMCC's web interface is a result of Porsche servers? as far as I can tell, the time is not displayable on the PMCC display, but you can see it on the web interface. it doesn't allow you to change it, but when the synchronization source is "Vehicle", the time for me is GMT +7. when the synchronization source is "Network time", it is the correct local time zone time.
Make sure you have the time set to your locale within the PMCC web interface. It should report the correct time.

The car controls the charge and so if the car is on the correct time then your charge will stop and end as planned.

The reported time on the charging stats My Porsche Charging at Home Service will show the incorrect times / time zone on the graph.

There is nothing you can do to alter this as the issue is on a setting hidden from you likely against your Porsche Connect ID. This back office setting can only be fixed by Porsche themselves.

yuanshiang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Make sure you have the time set to your locale within the PMCC web interface. It should report the correct time.

The car controls the charge and so if the car is on the correct time then you charge will stop and end as planned.

The reported time on the charging stats My Porsche Charging at Home Service will show the incorrect times / time zone on the graph.

There is nothing you can do to alter this as the issue is on a setting hidden from you likely against your Porsche Connect ID. This back office setting can only be fixed by Porsche themselves.
yes, the time zone is set correctly on the web interface. again, all looks fine until the "Synchronization source" becomes "Vehicle", which happens when the J1772 is plugged in. The time zone is still set correctly but the actual time gets changed to GMT +7.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I understand.

Do the charge times in the graphs show the correct times?

My time difference is - GMT rather than + GMT.

It is a conundrum for sure but something overrides the times including the time sent via the car when the cable is connected. This apparently is a back end issue with either our connect IDs or perhaps the id / serial number of the charger which may have its own geographical identifier.
Sponsored