Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
I tried multiple times on a few occasions to link the charger up to my account without any success. Then the update came and I tried a few times more again without any luck. I'll keep trying...
Ok! I have had my charger visible with all charging sessions in MyPorsche before the update. I guess the PMCC was connected to my account since I received the update. But now I have not been able to establish that connection again. I am able to see all charging data etc via my local home WiFi, no problems.

I guess I could try a full factory reset and see. I am a bit reluctant to do that since I need the PLC connection for linking my Energy Manager?
Sponsored

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Have you tried a full reset on the charger and started over?

Have you checked My Porsche under Home Charging service if anything has been registered? It could be that there are incorrect details associated which also need to be reset so that you can make a clean start.
I have seen the reset function, but did not do it, since I prefer to keep the data. But that will be on my list in order to get Plug&Charge with PIN enabled.

Good idea, I will look into this.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Ok! I have had my charger visible with all charging sessions in MyPorsche before the update. I guess the PMCC was connected to my account since I received the update. But now I have not been able to establish that connection again. I am able to see all charging data etc via my local home WiFi, no problems.

I guess I could try a full factory reset and see. I am a bit reluctant to do that since I need the PLC connection for linking my Energy Manager?
That's another disadvantage I have, my charger is too far away for my home WiFi. Sorry, I don't have the Energy Manager, which connects to the PMCC via PLC.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have seen the reset function, but did not do it, since I prefer to keep the data. But that will be on my list in order to get Plug&Charge with PIN enabled.

Good idea, I will look into this.
Your data should be available on My Porsche - Services - Charging At Home tab - you can export all history (PMCC only stores a limited amount) to a CSV file for posterity or whatever.

On the same page scroll down and check also - where your details are registered (if ever).

Porsche Taycan PMCC Software Update This Morning 1614766271644

However, in your last post you mention your PMCC is too far away from your WiFi - if so, I don't see how you can ever register the device nor associate your Porsche Connect ID to the PMCC - it must be networked in some way otherwise you are effectively chasing your tail and attempting the impossible.

PMCC can act as a hotspot but that essentially enables you to connect via a mobile device directly to the PMCC but nowhere else and crucially not to the Internet where you need it to be for this to work properly.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's another disadvantage I have, my charger is too far away for my home WiFi. Sorry, I don't have the Energy Manager, which connects to the PMCC via PLC.
Ah then I can not see how you could receive the update? There is no USB connection etc on the PMCC!

You might be able to get the update if you can take the unit with you and connect to your home WiFi that way? But charging history I think is only on the unit for the last three events?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Ah then I can not see how you could receive the update? There is no USB connection etc on the PMCC!

You might be able to get the update if you can take the unit with you and connect to your home WiFi that way? But charging history I think is only on the unit for the last three events?
Precisely!

3 pages worth of history only

No external interface to connect to so either PLC or WiFi.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry I was wrong. Via WiFi I can see all the charging history going back to the time when the car was delivered. Dates, time, costs etc. It is also possible to download that information ina file. Maybe there is a way of doing a complete back up of all the data and the restore it once a factory rest has been done? Project for the day!!! :)

majugo

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo., McLaren 675lt, Lotus elise race car, Honda Cfv, Mercedes slk 300, Peugeot 107; Fiat Panda
Country flag
For completeness. The car was acting a little differently. At the time I checked, it was past the time set on the destination timer and the car was fully charged.

I attempted to disconnect the charger from the car, but it wouldn't let me. The light stayed green for a couple of minutes. Pressed it several times but it would not release the plug.

Eventually the green light went out and the car released the plug.

The update message immediately appeared on the charger and after a couple of minutes was finished.

I presume the car and the charger were talking to each through the process which is it why it wouldn't release.

There may be some people who have the charger but have not hooked up to wifi. They probably should do that.
Not hooked up to WIFI? The car will not connect via WIFI, so does the charger itself have WIFI? please advise, and thanks.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not hooked up to WIFI? The car will not connect via WIFI, so does the charger itself have WIFI? please advise, and thanks.
Yes the PMCC has WiFi capability. You can connect to a WiFi network or use the charger as a hotspot to do settings and have the statistics. Not sure you can have both WiFi, hotspo and network, running at the same time though.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Yes - all of this is documented in the PMCC (or PMC+) manual - worthwhile read!

elberk

First Name
Elber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5, Kia e-Niro
Hi Feye,

why don't you buy a PLC adapter in your local Computer Store and link it with the PMCC? And on the other side connect your PLC adapter via Ethernet cable or Wifi to your home network?

I guess the power lines to the charger end up in your your home power panel, so a PLC connection should als be possible via Power lines. Right?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hi Feye,

why don't you buy a PLC adapter in your local Computer Store and link it with the PMCC? And on the other side connect your PLC adapter via Ethernet cable or Wifi to your home network?

I guess the power lines to the charger end up in your your home power panel, so a PLC connection should als be possible via Power lines. Right?
Generally need to be on the same ring too for PLC to work.

OP
OP

JimBob

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It had nothing to do with WIFI. The point I was attempting to make was that there appeared to be communication between the PMCC and the car just prior to the update installing. The destination charger had already finished and the car was finished charging. It took a couple of minutes to release the plug after I pressed the button (it was green). I have never seen it take more than a couple of seconds to release before, even when the car was in the process of being charged.

Last edited:

Taycanturbolondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
i have to unplug mine and take it upto my flat wifi. Is it worth doing? i dont use any of the charger's connect features as it is underground without wifi

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
i have to unplug mine and take it upto my flat wifi. Is it worth doing? i dont use any of the charger's connect features as it is underground without wifi
Not a lot of value then but if you haven't disabled the PLC connection (network type) then you should as this is quoted in the 12V battery drain issues on this forum.

Beyond that then not a lot to be gained and your setup can be performed directly on the PMCC apart from linking to your Porsche Connect ID.

If time permits perhaps go through this once to register your device etc.
Sponsored