POLL: What's your Porsche experience level?

Which scenario best describes your Porsche experience level?

• Total voters

T@yc@n4uS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Aprilia RSV1000R, Taycan 4S, BMW 1200GS
Country flag
Hi Everyone, long-time reader, first time poster. I just recently ordered a 2022 Taycan 4S, which will be my first time owning a Porsche. It got me thinking, am I in the minority or are there a lot of other folks that purchased a Taycan as their first ever Porsche? Thought this could be a fun poll that could unveil some interesting results about our community. Feel free to share your unique experiences in the thread after taking the survey.
Sponsored

Yves_0016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S Performance Plus
Country flag
Level 2. Have owned a 968 Converible some time ago. Fantastic car. Have always regretted selling it. Should have kept it registered cheaply as an old timer to drive from time to time.

scav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo (2022)
Country flag
First for me, but my interest came from my dad buying a Cayenne hybrid couple of years ago. Love the car.

He showed me the CT and I just fell for it. To me it’s the perfect mix of family and financial….responsibility ?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Hi Everyone, long-time reader, first time poster. I just recently ordered a 2022 Taycan 4S, which will be my first time owning a Porsche. It got me thinking, am I in the minority or are there a lot of other folks that purchased a Taycan as their first ever Porsche? Thought this could be a fun poll that could unveil some interesting results about our community. Feel free to share your unique experiences in the thread after taking the survey.
Interesting survey, thanks! Have to say, I wouldn't have guessed that the majority (at least responding here) are in my camp of the Taycan being their first Porsche. :)

mikeva

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Base
Country flag
If this current trend holds - 61% at level 1, then I would say the Taycan is doing exactly what Porsche wanted it to do......

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Wonder how many of the Taycan as a first Porsche buyers came over from Tesla... And are we counting Cayennes / Macans as Porshces? Our first was a Cayenne (while we owned a Tesla). Taycan was 2nd. The 1987 944 Turbo poster hanging up in high school got me into cars - just took a while to come back to the brand.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've had 3 911s, 2 Macans, a Panamera, a Cayenne, and now the Taycan. My guess is that the Taycan has the highest percentage of first time Porsche owners among the Porsche lineup.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I have had a strange relationship with Porsche.
As a youngster I loved our 911S but after it was broken into we got rid of it because what was thought of at the time as the outrageous charge for a replacement window.
In the 1990s I fancied going up market from my TVR Griffith big valve and had a test drive in the then new 993 version of the 911.
It was disappointingly slow after the TVR which was about 300kg lighter and more powerful. When I reported this back to Porsche GB they promised me a loan of the soon to arrive 911 twin turbo.
The loan turned out to be the British GP weekend which was a bit of a shame because I was working but I did notice on my trip to the circuit that the lag was a disappointment at normal road speeds and whilst the car was fantastic from 60 to 160 mph it was not as much fun to drive as the TVR at road legal speeds, so I stuck with the TVR, so all Porsche GB got for their generosity was a British GP paddock parking pass.

The Taycan is perfect for me.
I am getting on a bit now and was looking for something quiet and comfortable with a good turn of speed, like a Bentley convertible, and I fell into the Taycan test drive almost by accident.
My! it is as quiet as a Bentley, has the throttle response of my NA Ferrari in the optimum gear and whilst vast the chassis engineering hides the bulk well so the handling and ride (of the Cross Turismo) are perfect for me.
So here I am with my first Porsche order.

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
I’m planning on ordering a CT at some point in the near future. Will be my first Porsche even though I’ve admired them for a loooooong time.

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
Traded a 2015 Macan S for a 2014 Carrera 4s in 2016 and traded the Carrera for a Taycan RWD today. Somehow I liked the idea of having the 911 more than actually driving it on the crappy roads in the US NE - it was great for the few seconds at a time one could actually use it, but a bit ridiculous the rest of the time.

OP
OP
T@yc@n4uS

T@yc@n4uS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Wonder how many of the Taycan as a first Porsche buyers came over from Tesla... And are we counting Cayennes / Macans as Porshces? Our first was a Cayenne (while we owned a Tesla). Taycan was 2nd. The 1987 944 Turbo poster hanging up in high school got me into cars - just took a while to come back to the brand.
That’s a great question and would make for another fun survey. I live in San Francisco, so seeing Tesla’s are like seeing Honda Accords anywhere else in the US. I was looking for something a little more…special? Taycan will be my first EV.
I strongly considered the Audi e Tron GT, but ultimately landed on the Taycan 4S after Audi tried to throw a $15k “market adjustment” on the final sticker price for no apparent reason. Plus I found the ride/handling of the Taycan a bit more dialed in and loved all the optional customizations.

Yes, this poll was intended to also count Porsche SUVs (Macan/Cayenne).

OP
OP
T@yc@n4uS

T@yc@n4uS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If this current trend holds - 61% at level 1, then I would say the Taycan is doing exactly what Porsche wanted it to do......
I agree. After 76 responses to the survey the data certainly seems to support that.

OP
OP
T@yc@n4uS

T@yc@n4uS

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting survey, thanks! Have to say, I wouldn't have guessed that the majority (at least responding here) are in my camp of the Taycan being their first Porsche. :)
Yeah, I’m quite surprised as well. Glad we can all enjoy some insights from the survey.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
As an aside, in the motor racing world where I spent my career there are a lot of Porsche fans and they make a clear distinction between the "real" Porsches, originating at Porsche like the 911 and 718 and those which are Porsche's take on VW group platforms such as Cayenne, Macan and Panamera.
I suppose the Taycan is a real Porsche by this measure but maybe they will diss it now there is an Audi version of the same platform.