POLL: What's your Porsche experience level?

Which scenario best describes your Porsche experience level?

• Total voters

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
My Taycan 4S is my 8th Porsche in the last eight years.
Damn! That is fantastic!!can I be like you when I grow up?! Real talk, I’m very envious. Taycan will be my first, and I’ve drooled over them since I was 14. I’ve heard once you have one, you’re hooked! Sounds like you’d concur. Haha
Do you mind sharing the master list?! Fun. ???

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
You're in good company here if it is your first Porsche. You'll fine a solid mix of experienced brand owners and folks that jumped over specifically for the EV.

It honestly doesn't matter much. This specific car is so new and unique to the brand, having the knowledge of owning several 911's or whatever other Porsche won't really mean a whole lot for the Taycan.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
OK, I haven't owned a boatload of Porsches (4), but I've driven the heck out of them. 25K street and 2K track on my 2009 Cayman S, 110K street on my Panamera GTS, 8K track miles on my Cayman Interseries, 12K on my Taycan so far. So, close to 150K street and 10K track miles coming up. I'd be curious to see how much people are driving their cars.

The reason I ask is that I don't really appreciate a car until I've driven it for some time. Yes, track cars are different. But I would posit that any kind of street car isn't really understood until you've driven it a while.

schad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, e-tron
Country flag
My first car was a 924 (not S) that was older than I was. It was more bondo than metal by the time I got it.

Still got waves and thumbs up from 911s and 944s though, which is super cool when you’re 16.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
As an aside, in the motor racing world where I spent my career there are a lot of Porsche fans and they make a clear distinction between the "real" Porsches, originating at Porsche like the 911 and 718 and those which are Porsche's take on VW group platforms such as Cayenne, Macan and Panamera.
I suppose the Taycan is a real Porsche by this measure but maybe they will diss it now there is an Audi version of the same platform.
No surprise. Years ago I test drove a Macan, and I thought the Audi Q5 is almost the same - a lot of money just for the badge. :blush:

There is of course quite a bit of VW in the Taycan. The battery pack was made with the help of VW. The assembly line was helped out with Audi workers...

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
The reason I ask is that I don't really appreciate a car until I've driven it for some time. Yes, track cars are different. But I would posit that any kind of street car isn't really understood until you've driven it a while.
Agree, test drives can be misleading... :bandit:

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
Wonder how many of the Taycan as a first Porsche buyers came over from Tesla... And are we counting Cayennes / Macans as Porshces? Our first was a Cayenne (while we owned a Tesla). Taycan was 2nd. The 1987 944 Turbo poster hanging up in high school got me into cars - just took a while to come back to the brand.
Omg! I had the same poster in HS! ?????

Climax_F82

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
22 Taycan
Country flag
Level 1 here. Always been a Japanese guy, then multiple BMWs the last 9 years. I’ve worked for a Porsche for almost 2 years, driving different cars for the weekend. Including a 991 GT3RS. I didn’t turn until I took home a taycan for a week. That was it. I got hooked. Placed an order in July and waiting until whenever it decides to show up.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
My first "P-car" was the 914. I suffered a ton of abuse from those saying "its not a real Porsche," but I loved that car, had a ton of fun with it, and I'd buy it again if I could find one near me. 2nd Porsche was the 944. Again, took tons of abuse that "its just an entry level Porsche, its NOT a 911," but I drove it over 100,000 miles before letting it go. My 3rd was the 911S Cabriolet (pictured at left) which took no abuse from nobody, and I loved it so much I'd be happy sitting in my garage in it, however at night while I slept, I think it was plotting to kill me, so after 12 years I finally sold it. I got such a good price that it was tantamount to driving a $110K car (original sticker) for about $900 per year for 12 years. The Taycan will be my 4th Porsche. My loyalty to the brand is well deserved.

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
Wonder how many of the Taycan as a first Porsche buyers came over from Tesla... And are we counting Cayennes / Macans as Porshces? Our first was a Cayenne (while we owned a Tesla). Taycan was 2nd. The 1987 944 Turbo poster hanging up in high school got me into cars - just took a while to come back to the brand.
that's funny....i had a poster "the rewards of higher education" that was hanging in my dorm. the car pictured was a shiny black corvette. I never did buy that corvette b/c I got bit by the Porsche bug and have bought a 914, 944, and 911S since. No turning back now!
Sponsored