PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Call Porsche. Ask if we are only supposed to drive our cars on Weekdays. No support on Weekends is unacceptable for mobility-critical applications.

This goes for ANY charging station network, not just Porsche.
I did. They routed me to EA customer service before I could finish the sentence. I'll be following up more.. firmly.. on Monday.

If you call 1800Porsche it just tells you to call back on Monday and hangs up on you.
Sponsored

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The lack of support from Porsche Connect is alarming for the roll-out of such a tech-oriented car.
Agree. But it is worse than that since we aren't talking about some non-essential high-tech feature, but rather the core of the darn thing - to be able to get electricity so you can drive.

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Same here. EA rep super effective. Porsche connect support person useless and clueless. Very polite, but really not knowing anything - "Let me contact a buddy of mine to find out what can be wrong." When he figured out that he has no clue how to help he encouraged me to "call later" - not sure how calling later would be any different - other that he did not have to deal with it. I asked if when paying by CC at EA Porsche will cover - "I am not sure, that would need to be approved by my manager. But please call us again, and we will help you". I thought he was trying to get rid of me - so I insisted for him to talk with the manager now, not "later". Manager told him to put me through EA line - he did not even bother to see if I got through, hung up as soon as I got the interactive menu.

The other time I called the helpline it was for the SIM card not connecting to LTE. Guy had no idea how to fix it, told me they had several cars reporting same issue, so (in a firm, reassuring voice) "I will open a ticket and we will call you within 24h with a resolution". Three days later (no callback) the LTE all of a sudden starts working again.....

Of course these are first year build teething problems, but it would be more reassuring if the techs on the line would sound competent.

Still love the car though...

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag
Hey, I got wonderful news! I received an email from Porsche Connect team trying to solve my issue with connectivity. Other than taking 27 days to reply to an email (sent 08/01, received an answer 08/28), it sure sounded like the person replying did not even read my message. He asked the following

"What are you attempting to access?
What errors are being encountered?}
Were you able to successfully access previously?

Once I am able to obtain the information requested, I will further assess and provide you with the best possible solution"

My original message (which he actually quoted in his reply):
> I need your assistance
> Car not connecting with server. Cannot start remote climate, change charging profile

I guess that answers the first 2 questions, but I am going to give him credit for the third....

My advice: call your dealer when you have problems; Porsche connect support is very unimpressive so far. It is good the problem solved on its own in about 5 days or so.

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Hey, I got wonderful news! I received an email from Porsche Connect team trying to solve my issue with connectivity. Other than taking 27 days to reply to an email (sent 08/01, received an answer 08/28), it sure sounded like the person replying did not even read my message. He asked the following

"What are you attempting to access?
What errors are being encountered?}
Were you able to successfully access previously?

Once I am able to obtain the information requested, I will further assess and provide you with the best possible solution"

My original message (which he actually quoted in his reply):
> I need your assistance
> Car not connecting with server. Cannot start remote climate, change charging profile

I guess that answers the first 2 questions, but I am going to give him credit for the third....

My advice: call your dealer when you have problems; Porsche connect support is very unimpressive so far. It is good the problem solved on its own in about 5 days or so.
I got the same canned reply to my also detailed query. Actually out of five Electrify Am charging attempts I had problems with four. Twice I tried and failed to access Porsche Connect so I instead was helped by EA. I told my dealer I’d be charging at home and sending him a bill for the extra electricity until they got these problems fixed. He said fine

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Is there anybody who actually ever saw the connection circle all green? Mine is like this:

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem 1598762349010

As if the "Porsche Server" is behind a Google firewall.

I am in touch with Porsche Connect service, but I am not sure if this will actually work in the near future. I find this strange, to be honest, because making a secure data connection to a server is technically not that difficult.

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
Is there anybody who actually ever saw the connection circle all green? Mine is like this:

1598762349010.png

I am in touch with Porsche Connect service, but I am not sure if this will actually work in the near future. I find this strange, to be honest, because making a secure data connection to a server is technically not that difficult.
Porsche Connect told me WiFi wouldn’t be available until next year

PCT

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The bottom-right connection is green - does that mean your PCM is connected to your home/personal wifi? My connections are different and I cannot get that connection on.
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem PCM connection

svp6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S
Country flag

1598762349010.png

I take it that TAYCAN_1239 is the name of your Taycan hotspot. It looks like the phone is connected to the wifi hotspot, which is obviously connected to the car. I had something similar when my car was not connecting to the server. Amazingly, despite the green link, I was unable to remote condition or change charging profiles from the phone.

The server connection is now working for me. I have the 3 quarter circle green (phone connected to my home wifi instead of Taycan hotspot, no link between home network and Taycan).

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
Hey, I got wonderful news! I received an email from Porsche Connect team trying to solve my issue with connectivity. Other than taking 27 days to reply to an email (sent 08/01, received an answer 08/28), it sure sounded like the person replying did not even read my message.
I got WeChat account of Porsche Connect service, I just dump pictures and short descriptions of the problem. The next day (even Sunday) they call me and explain. I just wish they could make it work. Maybe because no COVID-19 in China...

I had something similar when my car was not connecting to the server. Amazingly, despite the green link, I was unable to remote condition or change charging profiles from the phone.

The server connection is now working for me. I have the 3 quarter circle green (phone connected to my home wifi instead of Taycan hotspot, no link between home network and Taycan).
Thank you. So the Porsche Server is not an illusion, it does exist!

I would expect always 3 green arches between phone, server and car. Once the hotspot is working and offering an internet connection in the car, the circle should be all green providing that you are in the car with your phone connected to the hotspot...

Well, the connection circle is not showing how communication is done, but simply if a working network connection is established. If your phone is connected to the WiFi hotspot in the car, it does not mean it communicates.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
At the dealer I felt pushed to purchase a data package from China Mobile in order to get this whole thing setup. I did so (one off just under 30 USD). But the WiFi hotspot is not working.

My city recently completed 5G rollout and that is where I do 99% of my driving. So if the car had a 5G module, then the hotspot would be of real use!

I send WeChat pics to Porsche Connect and they said that they opened tickets to Germany for the problems. They did not mention that the hotspot is not available until next year.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem Screenshot_20200831-081443

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem Screenshot_20200831-081450

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect 800 problem Screenshot_20200831-081534_Firefox Lite

OP
OP
Larry Martin

Larry Martin

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1960 Roadster
Country flag
At the dealer I felt pushed to purchase a data package from China Mobile in order to get this whole thing setup. I did so (one off just under 30 USD). But the WiFi hotspot is not working.

My city recently completed 5G rollout and that is where I do 99% of my driving. So if the car had a 5G module, then the hotspot would be of real use!

I send WeChat pics to Porsche Connect and they said that they opened tickets to Germany for the problems. They did not mention that the hotspot is not available until next year.

Screenshot_20200831-081443.jpg

Screenshot_20200831-081450.jpg

Screenshot_20200831-081534_Firefox Lite.jpg
US dealers are just now being apprised