Porsche Connect Update!

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can try to post some pictures later, but agree that the default “warp” view is disorienting. I generally tap the Panoramic button to put the rear camera view into the less distorted view, which I much prefer - I do wish there was a preference setting to make that the default view. I haven’t yet played around with the various front and rear camera modes, but personally, once I switch the view, have found it fine for backing down my narrow driveway and into my street, with enough coverage around my shrubs to see if anything’s coming. As many have stated, since it’s all software-based, Porsche has lots of options to change and improve it — the bigger question is where that lays on their roadmap priorities.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I can try to post some pictures later, but agree that the default “warp” view is disorienting. I generally tap the Panoramic button to put the rear camera view into the less distorted view, which I much prefer - I do wish there was a preference setting to make that the default view. I haven’t yet played around with the various front and rear camera modes, but personally, once I switch the view, have found it fine for backing down my narrow driveway and into my street, with enough coverage around my shrubs to see if anything’s coming. As many have stated, since it’s all software-based, Porsche has lots of options to change and improve it — the bigger question is where that lays on their roadmap priorities.
I have the same opinion about the default views. As a result I spend as much time using my side mirrors and looking over my shoulder and through the windows when backing up as I do using the Park Assist view, just to be safe.

At the same time, changing the image from the standard Parking view to the Panorama view and back again shows how much flexibility there should be in setting a default view that is more (dare I say it) "normal". I look forward to some updates on the PCM software that give more options in this area.

Singularity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 2020 Taycan 4S, MY 2022 Audi Q7 60 TFSIe
Country flag
I have the 360 cameras on my 4S and I think all of that is quite fine. I love seeing exactly where I'm positioned in a parking spot, that's so neat. The reversing camera isn't perfect true, but not horrible either. And the surround view offers various options on how to check things out.

Tbh I'm coming from a car with radar only and have learned to depend a lot on them, so the visual stuff, be it mirrors or the cameras, are secondary to me. It's all about the radar beeps for me. Of course the visuals help in tricky spots but in most cases they are secondary to me.

The radar beeps are coming in only when quite close, a bit too late. To me that's a bigger issue than anything related to the cameras. But I'm getting used to that by just doing things slower when parking.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
insurance is also about reducing risk perceived or real - also insurance companies don't want liability for things they can not understand - RF emissions have no data that proves any causation. I welcome peer reviewed science to the contrary - there are things I'm much more concerned about than RF tradition as an actual risk.
Sponsored