W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have rang Vodafone when car has no connectivity but when I am driving it with fobs, asking them if they can "see/ping" the car and they say that they cannot and the car isn't responding to their commands.
Interesting as was your earlier post. Consolidation seems like a fools folly if this is how it has been implemented - why break something that wasn't broken!? For something like this I'd expect a redundant solution - particularly when your insurance premium is potentially riding on it.

Whilst its not 100% clear, it could be that if you have connectivity problems then the chances are your PVTS+ is offline. Surely, part of the Vodafone service should be to contact the customer if the car has effectively gone 'dark' - not sure how they would handle underground carparks and other legitimate scenarios which would give frequent false positives - perhaps it handles weak cell signals better than the Taycan?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
An update - my OPC referred me to Porsche UK.

1) Porsche UK asked me to send some screen shots as they will be notifying Germany - they cannot address the fault here!

2) Porsche UK also asked me to speak to my insurance company to ascertain whether I can pay an additional premium to cover my car for theft without a tracker. I cant! . So if my car is stolen - its not covered! Porsche have been informed and havent responded yet

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
An update - my OPC referred me to Porsche UK.

1) Porsche UK asked me to send some screen shots as they will be notifying Germany - they cannot address the fault here!

2) Porsche UK also asked me to speak to my insurance company to ascertain whether I can pay an additional premium to cover my car for theft without a tracker. I cant! . So if my car is stolen - its not covered! Porsche have been informed and havent responded yet
Have you contacted Vodafone Operations Centre to confirm if they can 'see' your car or not? This is separate to Porsche Connect (in the most part). Contact number - +441282473799. If they can then forget Porsche Connect - this will resolve itself when your services are all made available (takes some days) - for this part (for now).

Do you have the two black angular PVTS+ fobs?

The issue you have / concerned with is PVTS+ (Porsche Vehicle Tracking Service) - that's the primary issue causing insurance cover stress, right?

OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Have you contacted Vodafone Operations Centre to confirm if they can 'see' your car or not? This is separate to Porsche Connect (in the most part). Contact number - +441282473799. If they can then forget Porsche Connect - this will resolve itself when your services are all made available (takes some days) - for this part (for now).

Do you have the two black angular PVTS+ fobs?

The issue you have / concerned with is PVTS+ (Porsche Vehicle Tracking Service) - that's the primary issue causing insurance cover stress, right?
Thank you. I contacted Vodafone and they have my details but cannot "see" the car. They advised me to contact Porsche.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thank you. I contacted Vodafone and they have my details but cannot "see" the car. They advised me to contact Porsche.
Ok so that confirms (now) that there is an implicit dependency on the PVTS+ module and Porsche Connect (other models it was independent). Feels like your dealer (or someone in Porsche) muddled up your setup for Porsche ID registration and associated services - it could be timing but frustrating not to be able to get to the bottom of this quickly.

OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Update - the issue is resolved (let's hope it is stays that way!). It transpired that there were two problems, the first causing the second. Sorry for the shaggy dog story below, but it may help others.

1) I could not log in on Porsche Connect. MY OPC initially thought that Porsche Connect was down but this turned out not to be the case. On Tuesday, they contacted Porsche UK who gave some advice which didn't work. Eventually PUK asked me to contact them directly. They are pretty useless and basically work as a post box to Germany. A ticket was raised to Germany and by Thursday the problem was fixed.....BUT

2) The tracker still did not work. Several chasing calls to PUK ended up with them suggesting I get a third party tracker fitted as they did not know how long Germany would take to respond. As this would obviously take some time to arrange and, in the meantime, my car would not be insured for theft, I "firmly" insisted on speaking to a director.

After some resistance, the operator put me on hold. About 2 minutes later she came back on the line and said "as if by magic, the tracker is now working"! Although I was privately cynical, this was good news - but I would need to go to my OPC to get the tracker cards paired with the car.

My OPC were brilliant and said that I could bring it in the next morning and it would take 30 mins to pair the cards/car. So I turned up at 10am and unfortunately the pairing did not work. The dealer principal was very supportive, asked me to be patient and he would try his best to resolve it. Luckily I had my laptop with me and he gave me an office to work in. It was eventually fixed at 3pm - after numerous interactions by the OPC with Germany and what sounds like a complete shut down and reboot of the car.

Fingers crossed it continues to work!

The moral of the story - build a good relationship with your OPC.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Update - the issue is resolved (let's hope it is stays that way!). It transpired that there were two problems, the first causing the second. Sorry for the shaggy dog story below, but it may help others.

1) I could not log in on Porsche Connect. MY OPC initially thought that Porsche Connect was down but this turned out not to be the case. On Tuesday, they contacted Porsche UK who gave some advice which didn't work. Eventually PUK asked me to contact them directly. They are pretty useless and basically work as a post box to Germany. A ticket was raised to Germany and by Thursday the problem was fixed.....BUT

2) The tracker still did not work. Several chasing calls to PUK ended up with them suggesting I get a third party tracker fitted as they did not know how long Germany would take to respond. As this would obviously take some time to arrange and, in the meantime, my car would not be insured for theft, I "firmly" insisted on speaking to a director.

After some resistance, the operator put me on hold. About 2 minutes later she came back on the line and said "as if by magic, the tracker is now working"! Although I was privately cynical, this was good news - but I would need to go to my OPC to get the tracker cards paired with the car.

My OPC were brilliant and said that I could bring it in the next morning and it would take 30 mins to pair the cards/car. So I turned up at 10am and unfortunately the pairing did not work. The dealer principal was very supportive, asked me to be patient and he would try his best to resolve it. Luckily I had my laptop with me and he gave me an office to work in. It was eventually fixed at 3pm - after numerous interactions by the OPC with Germany and what sounds like a complete shut down and reboot of the car.

Fingers crossed it continues to work!

The moral of the story - build a good relationship with your OPC.
My repairing took hours too - a worry that it takes this time and has questionable stability.

Did you check with Vodafone that they can now see the car?

Good result!

OP
OP

Bobby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
My repairing took hours too - a worry that it takes this time and has questionable stability.

Did you check with Vodafone that they can now see the car?

Good result!
Yes Winge - Voda said they could see the car. I agree - good result
Sponsored