Porsche Connect not working

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
Have only had my 4s for a couple of days. Have pretty much figured everything out on the car except for car connect. My car shows up as one of my vehicles...but I cannot control or see status of the car. Randomly...I get a “app notification” that says that “climate control process completed”. That may be when I use the Porsche charger versus a 3rd party charger?

The app tells me to remove and re add my profile. See attached pic. Does anyone know if I can delete my Porsche ID from the car and re add it without issues? Any other idea Why my car is not talking to the server?

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working 01D1B2F5-0896-408D-BCCC-8F35BFAABF4C
Sponsored

evanevery

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2019 BMW i8, 2023 BMW iXM60
Country flag
I found the bug in the current version of the Porsche "Charging NA" app which refuses to provide access to and activate 350KW charging stations, so I tried using the "Porsche Connect" app instead.

While it should be noted that I COULD get mostly reliable access to 150KW charging stations using "Charging NA", my experience with the "Porsche Connect" app was far less reliable in general and much more frustrating.

I simply could not get logged in reliably! My creds are fine (I can use them to log in via a standalone browser MOST of the time). With the app, however, it kept launching a local browser to complete the login and the local browser either continually failed itself, or the CNA app failed to get the handshake to confirm the log in.

I have found that completely stopping the Porsche Connect App (and any browser logins it has spawned) and purging the stored data and cache, was the only way to OCCASIONALLY get things moving when it refused to log me in. But this only worked SOMETIMES. You might want to try that.

Personally, I have given up COMPLETELY on the Porsche Connect App cause its just too frustrating to try and get logged in. I have also given up MOSTLY on the Charging NA app as it will only provide access to 150KW and lesser chargers.

For me, both of those apps deliver much more frustration then they do functionality... Hopefully, Porsche gives us some much improved updates in the not too distant future!

$0.02

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Completely agree. I have similar problems. Not for prime time! And not the way to sustain a quality reputation.

Chuck J

OP
OP
Bsteffes

Bsteffes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 S (s) Cayenne S, Taycan 4s, GT4 clubsport
Country flag
Completely agree. I have similar problems. Not for prime time! And not the way to sustain a quality reputation.

Chuck J
Update. Deleted my profile in the car. Signed back in. All my settings came back. And both the app and website started working with full functionality. maybe just a bug during initial setup.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working 272C3E5D-1153-436A-9427-2B3E027B3289

Last edited:

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
I found the bug in the current version of the Porsche "Charging NA" app which refuses to provide access to and activate 350KW charging stations, so I tried using the "Porsche Connect" app instead.

While it should be noted that I COULD get mostly reliable access to 150KW charging stations using "Charging NA", my experience with the "Porsche Connect" app was far less reliable in general and much more frustrating.

I simply could not get logged in reliably! My creds are fine (I can use them to log in via a standalone browser MOST of the time). With the app, however, it kept launching a local browser to complete the login and the local browser either continually failed itself, or the CNA app failed to get the handshake to confirm the log in.

I have found that completely stopping the Porsche Connect App (and any browser logins it has spawned) and purging the stored data and cache, was the only way to OCCASIONALLY get things moving when it refused to log me in. But this only worked SOMETIMES. You might want to try that.

Personally, I have given up COMPLETELY on the Porsche Connect App cause its just too frustrating to try and get logged in. I have also given up MOSTLY on the Charging NA app as it will only provide access to 150KW and lesser chargers.

For me, both of those apps deliver much more frustration then they do functionality... Hopefully, Porsche gives us some much improved updates in the not too distant future!

$0.02

I too have given up on the Porsche Connect App for now. It only works 10-20% of the time which is just not worth it. Even when it does work, it makes me log in pretty much every time I use it. Most high quality apps (e.g., Netflix, Spotify, etc) don't make me sign in each time.

The thing that is a bummer is that I would love to use the app to cool/heat the car when I am wrapping up at the store / office. That is a cool feature but only if it is super quick via the app.

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Weird, I’ve had no problem with the connect app. Maybe a problem in the US only? Maybe carrier related? I haven’t heard noise from folks in Europe?

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
The Porsche Connect app is much less reliable on Android than it is on iOS. How it can't even manage to stay logged in (I mean, how hard is it to save a session token?) is beyond me.

Alas, they have way more iOS users, and they clearly focus on iOS (there are far more apps, like Roads, etc, for iOS, vs the three apps -- Charging NA, Connect and Good To Know -- for Android). But given they're using Electron (AFAICT), they really should have parity, at least.

Chuck J

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Silver Taycan 4S, 2012 991 911 (sold), 1995 993 (Gave to son) 1965 356 (gave to son)
Country flag
Weird, I’ve had no problem with the connect app. Maybe a problem in the US only? Maybe carrier related? I haven’t heard noise from folks in Europe?
Do you get a full circle of connectivity?

Chuck J

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I did a test about keeping my internet connection when the phone connects to the car.
It does.
Interesting to see what way the connection is established when I open the Porsche Connect app
First one, with normal WiFi activated:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working 2020-08-31_19.49.56

Second one, with hotspot on my phone activated:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working 2020-08-31_19.48.23

Funny huh?
It seems that with your hotspot activated you make direct contact with the car but still have internet on your phone.
That would suggest you can stream music through your phone to the car, right?

The first pic doesn't allow that cuz you'll need a datapackage or free music.
Right?
In theory, I mean...

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
To make things even more confusing:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working Screenshot_20200831-201611

With normal WiFi on my phone enabled, it now has waken up the car, showing the name of the WiFi hotspot in the car: "mothership" and it shows the connection is established.
I give up.

Anyway, I can send data from and to the car (most of the time) and that's the only thing that matters.
I've see full green circles as well:
Porsche Taycan Porsche Connect not working 2020-08-31_20.21.54