SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
Just had an invitation for the driving experience, is this any indication that my order might be making progress?
Not really expecting the car until end of next year, placed an order for a GTS two months ago.
Sponsored

jontybutts

First Name
Jonty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Eletre R, Taycan
Country flag
Not sure, had my car for 12 months and never had an invite, don't want to travel that far North so not bothered chasing it.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
The sequence for me (I signed up for My Porsche when I placed my deposit.............

1) email saying they had got my order (around 6 months after deposit)...... - then 2) A few weeks later, my invite to PEC - have your received 1) yet?

after 2 was ..... 3) car scheduled for production - cheers.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
It means nothing. It's simply the outcome of you handing over a £5k deposit and provides no indication of when you will even get an allocation.

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Just had an invitation for the driving experience, is this any indication that my order might be making progress?
Not really expecting the car until end of next year, placed an order for a GTS two months ago.
I ordered January. Invite for PEC March. Went in April. Delivery now anticipated to be May/June 2023. Sadly nothing to get excited about. The day is amazing however!

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
Not sure there is any real link to build progress to be honest.

In my case, I put a deposit down in late December 21 and received my Silverstone invitation in late February 22. My build allocation came through at the end of June.

I've booked a November session due to work commitments but it should be fun and just before my car arrives in December.

OP
OP
SteveGTS

SteveGTS

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Taycan on order
Country flag
The sequence for me (I signed up for My Porsche when I placed my deposit.............

1) email saying they had got my order (around 6 months after deposit)...... - then 2) A few weeks later, my invite to PEC - have your received 1) yet?

after 2 was ..... 3) car scheduled for production - cheers.
Haven't had the confirmation email yet, only a forwarded internal email confirming receipt of deposit.

smoothound

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo Acid Green PTS
Country flag
Haven't had the confirmation email yet, only a forwarded internal email confirming receipt of deposit.
I think all rules and norms are off at the mo!.... but I don't think things really progress until you get Phase 1 in My Porsche 'Thank you for your order' - accompanied by an email to same effect. ......and even then it will be weeks/months from there to build.

PEC is Phase 2 - so it looks like you got Phase 2 before Phase 1! Shows how disjointed this all is.

cheers

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
At the very least, it means that your order is known to Porsche and not just languishing in your dealer's filing system. With the disclaimer that I agree with Alan above re. normal rules are off, I do recall when I was contacted by the SEC in January that they could see all 3 of my orders on their system (I'd put down 3 deposits with 2 dealers to keep my options open), of which the one they were inviting me for- and another one- had assigned planned build dates (1 and 2 months ahead).

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I don’t think so.
I hadn’t had an invite so chased it up after 8 months only to be told I had been sent an email 1 month after my order, which as far as I can ascertain I didn’t receive.
I ended up arranging the, truly excellent, experience 8 months later and am still waiting for the car to be finished.
It is 12 months since I placed my order today.

Dabz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S PB+
Country flag
For those who've neither had their invite nor been told about this by the dealer - do you get to drive a Taycan there? Presuming at Porsche's track at Silverstone?

David Bennett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf 8r
Country flag
It's a great day out, I went last month and found it brilliant with 121 instruction, a great environment and good food. In my case I had had the car for a while and had to chase my invitation. If you go before you get your car and then have to back out of buying for any reason you have to pay the full cost of the day. I cannot remember the exact cost but do remember I would not have thought it value for money and would not have attended if it were not built into the price of the car.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
This is one of the things that we lost here in (republic of) Ireland when Porsche Ireland disconnected from Porsche GB due to Brexit. I got the invite ahead of that when I purchased my Panamera but lockdown kicked in before I was able to go.

I wonder would they still honour an invite from early 2020?

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I mentioned this a while back (can't remember which thread) but it might be worth repeating for people considering when to book their Silverstone experience- I asked SEC whether I could book a second session (I had one before taking delivery, but thought another might be worthwhile after I'd got some experience with my own vehicle)- for which I'd be happy to pay, but they advised that, unlike most other Porsche models, they offer no Taycan experience sessions to the general public (i.e. only those with a car on order. They'll notify me as and when that changes).

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Possibly, did you order you car with the PEC delivery experience? If so then Porsche North America reaching out to schedule a delivery date is a good sign of progress in your build order
Sponsored