Porsche Taycan GT Spied Virtually Undisguised, Insider Claims It Has 1,000+ HP

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
If that's the visual refresh I'm glad we purchased an outdated one. Is it just me or does it look like they've cribbed the "pouty lip" front bumper styling Tesla has on everything?
1694615703469.png
Wow, that looks so boring and could be any branded car. Where is Prosche going with this?

Jasper4S

First Name
Jasper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s ST
Country flag
Is it me or does this look very Audi? If you look for a split second you think its an Audi a5 or a7.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I am surprised so many comments are being made bout the changes as if they are supposed to be cosmetic styling features.

I know I have an unusual background but, for me, ALL the shape of a model designed to be the quickest model will be functional and the stylists only involved to tidy anything up which looks a bit odd, but without spoiling its function.

Whilst I know pretty well every one sold will cruise around town and never be pushed near its limit, except in a straight line, it is a PORSCHE and that means that the GT model is designed functionally to be fast more than cosmetically to please people.

TAYC4S

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911C4S; Jag F-TypeR; Taycan4S; Turbo+992 (ordered)
Country flag
I am surprised so many comments are being made bout the changes as if they are supposed to be cosmetic styling features.

I know I have an unusual background but, for me, ALL the shape of a model designed to be the quickest model will be functional and the stylists only involved to tidy anything up which looks a bit odd, but without spoiling its function.

Whilst I know pretty well every one sold will cruise around town and never be pushed near its limit, except in a straight line, it is a PORSCHE and that means that the GT model is designed functionally to be fast more than cosmetically to please people.
A bit like a 911 GT3 or even more so GT3RS. You can drive around town but probably shouldn’t, unless you want to attract the wrong reactions. 😂

DCYL725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2021
Country flag
A well optioned Turbo S is $225k. For those performance numbers, it makes sense in the high $200, $300k range.
Hard to price this GT version to be honest, given the price of the Plaid....

I think it'll be >200k on the base GT, or else it will be hard to justify the Turbo S price.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
And no drivers side charging port.

IMG_6060.png
Perhaps it will be an option like on the Audi eTron - the second, AC only, port is added if you order the 19.2KW onboard charger. At least on the eTron they have it swapped (AC only is on passenger side) so if you only get one, it's on the driver's side, which IMO is more convenient for everyday charging (not have to go to the other side of the car every day to plugin or unplug), especially if you park in a tight garage with no access to passenger side port.

DGW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS Rubystar, Fiat 500e La Prima Cabriolet
Country flag
I kind of like the front and rear bumper design, and it seems ( and I hope) you can do an upgrade at Mantey Racing without that hideous-looking wing of course. Regardless of the price point on this version, people would just turn up and place the order.

Porsche Taycan Porsche Taycan GT Spied Virtually Undisguised, Insider Claims It Has 1,000+ HP PorscheTaycanGT.ud30.KGP-copy

Davy021

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Does the rear windshield look more stretched? Possibly a hatchback now for more trunk space like the Panamera?

mikezhang31

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
The ride height and flush-ness of the wheels looks very un-GT like. Usually with Porsche GT cars you can barely fit a finger in between the tire and fender and makes you wonder how they can even be driven on roads with imperfections.

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the styling change - seems like they are stretching things just so the car looks different. I think the original is one of the best looking cars on the road.

In terms of HP, I can't believe I'm saying this with 25 yrs of track/racing experience, but I don't need any more HP in this car. I can push the go pedal and all the traffic around me gets very small in the rear view mirror very quickly. I've only used launch control maybe 10 times, and that's good enough for me. If you do floor it, better make sure you're pointed absolutely straight, otherwise you lose the rear end. I also have to admit every time I leave the track and head out onto the highway I'm just astounded at the relative chaos around me. In general, people just don't know how to drive, but most of them think they're 'above average'. Putting a 1000 HP car in their hands with such easily accessible HP is borderline irresponsible IMO. So now Tesla will come out with a 1500 HP coupe?? It's a bit crazy. I'll also admit that part of me does like what Porsche is doing though...😳

OP
OP
nfoxtrot

nfoxtrot

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Audi RS5
Country flag
I'm not a fan of the styling change - seems like they are stretching things just so the car looks different. I think the original is one of the best looking cars on the road.

In terms of HP, I can't believe I'm saying this with 25 yrs of track/racing experience, but I don't need any more HP in this car. I can push the go pedal and all the traffic around me gets very small in the rear view mirror very quickly. I've only used launch control maybe 10 times, and that's good enough for me. If you do floor it, better make sure you're pointed absolutely straight, otherwise you lose the rear end. I also have to admit every time I leave the track and head out onto the highway I'm just astounded at the relative chaos around me. In general, people just don't know how to drive, but most of them think they're 'above average'. Putting a 1000 HP car in their hands with such easily accessible HP is borderline irresponsible IMO. So now Tesla will come out with a 1500 HP coupe?? It's a bit crazy. I'll also admit that part of me does like what Porsche is doing though...😳
I've been saying this for years, cars over 500 HP should require a special license

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
MY friend has been at the Ring trying to talk to Manthey about the car. They have been very tight lipped, but there is a lot of buzz about the car.

From last month

LongLive959

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
I've been saying this for years, cars over 500 HP should require a special license
even better when the latest greatest M/RS/AMG etc with gobs of power hits the used market letting kids easily pick them up. Streets and highways are getting scarier