Porsche unveils Apple CarPlay Update inc. Climate Control

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
https://9to5mac.com/2023/07/10/porsche-carplay-update-climate-more/

My PCM was acting really weird and appeared differently on my 2022 GTS with MY 2023 update this evening. I didn’t sit and look at it closely as we had other plans. Could this new update possible be an automatic over the air update?
I will look more closely in the morning.
Sponsored

OzzieT

First Name
Oz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Thanks for this. Taycan not mentioned and we have the wording around 2024 models, so will pre-2024 get it?

OP
OP
Elroy

Elroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, VW Golf GTI Mk8, Ford Raptor 6.2L
Country flag
Thanks for this. Taycan not mentioned and we have the wording around 2024 models, so will pre-2024 get it?
I have an appointment with our Dealer later today and hopefully will learn more. Will post what I learn

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
Don’t think we are getting this yet, not this fast. Porsche is rolling these new carplay controls out in the 2024 Cayenne.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
This is an old topic already - see post here but links to press and other sources in prior posts in this thread:

And the features already work via MyPorsche app.

diegomedinaf

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
My car is at the dealer and they mention a recall on something related to AC.

No idea if its the same.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
This is an old topic already - see post here but links to press and other sources in prior posts in this thread:

And the features already work via MyPorsche app.
Its really not an old topic. I’d like to see proof of it working along with year/model/country.

Definitely isn’t working in my car, press release says new Cayenne only, and dealer confirmed to me it doesn’t work in any other car.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Its really not an old topic. I’d like to see proof of it working along with year/model/country.

Definitely isn’t working in my car, press release says new Cayenne only, and dealer confirmed to me it doesn’t work in any other car.
Old but meant already created in another thread - people just don't search.

I could make a video but not bothered right now - others have it working too so can poll then too I suppose if it bugs you that much - again as stated in the other thread, its not the full PCM integration i.e. the MyPorsche app still not available in the PCM screen as a working app but the new features/tiles do work when activated by touch or voice from the MyPorsche app on your phone in the car and the respective car controls respond.

mlambert890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Old but meant already created in another thread - people just don't search.

I could make a video but not bothered right now - others have it working too so can poll then too I suppose if it bugs you that much - again as stated in the other thread, its not the full PCM integration i.e. the MyPorsche app still not available in the PCM screen as a working app but the new features/tiles do work when activated by touch or voice from the MyPorsche app on your phone in the car and the respective car controls respond.
It doesn't "bug me", I've just only see you mention it. No one I know has gotten this to work in any capacity, and dealers have confirmed that it shouldn't be working, so sharing details and pics of it in action would be interesting.

If anyone else has it working please share

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It doesn't "bug me", I've just only see you mention it. No one I know has gotten this to work in any capacity, and dealers have confirmed that it shouldn't be working, so sharing details and pics of it in action would be interesting.

If anyone else has it working please share
My car is at the dealership getting the new fan shrouds installed so a big moot -no access right now but you can do this yourself - you must have CarPlay running in the PCM and TBH can’t recall exactly on which CarPlay screen right now but the advertised ‘tiles’ with the specific functions were all accessible and viewable in there - I could use SIRI to activate each action independently or simply tap the respective tile in the CarPlay screen on the PCM - didn’t try and not sure if I could switch to the photo app and start a vid so didn’t try at the time but I guess should be possible. And again we are NOT talking about the MyPorsche app’s icon in the PCM - that has not being activated in US cars as yet.
Sponsored