McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
It works. Like mentioned above the climate function is not better (Haven’t tried to program automatic functions. Tbh I don’t really touch the climate controls anyway, it is good as it is. Just a bit colder or warmer sometimes

The relax function is funny. Turns on seat ventilation, seat massage and turns ambient lightning into green and plays relaxing bird sounds. It does relax. If you don’t have seat massage, ventilation and ambient lighting you will just hear birds 🤓

opening the garage door PCM can do without CarPlay.

it is nice to have new functionality. Gives a feeling the car is better now.
Sponsored

strangways

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo, 997.2
Country flag
I'm not sure what the point of this is in the UK where the Apple Maps EV Routing functionality hasn't been activated.

taycan2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was just playing around with the CarPlay MyPorsche app.

FYI: If you activate one of the sound profiles in the app (music, podcasts, party, front only), the Bose settings are reset to default.

Overall, I don't see any added value for using the CarPlay MyPorsche app or any specific use case.

A really helpful feature would be a better integration between PCM and Carplay.
Example: if I could navigate with iOS apps (e.g. Google Maps) and that would use the arrow navigation in the head-up display.

arijaycomet

First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I was just playing around with the CarPlay MyPorsche app.

FYI: If you activate one of the sound profiles in the app (music, podcasts, party, front only), the Bose settings are reset to default.

Overall, I don't see any added value for using the CarPlay MyPorsche app or any specific use case.

A really helpful feature would be a better integration between PCM and Carplay.
Example: if I could navigate with iOS apps (e.g. Google Maps) and that would use the arrow navigation in the head-up display.
Found the same things (BOSE settings, etc). Overall I'm in full agreement with you that this "half baked gimmick" is really just that. However, I do feel like it shows some potential that is nice.

Eg: Preset Climate "Modes" -- I like that you can do the heat/cool mode that sets a high/low tempt with the seat heat/cool going. Many of us cold climate folks get in and want blasting heat/heaters so that is cool. By proxy then, having the 2x presets for after that to return quickly with one button press is nice. I setup my two saved climates as a "Toasty" and "Chill" -- the seats and temp match (toasty is 70F with 1x heated seat, the chill one is 72F and 1x seat cooler). But-- I feel like these same presets could have more easily been done on the LOWER climate screen -- could even be fun to tie in the ambient lights into those "modes" right? Missed opportunity here Porsche (and nothing to do with Apple CarPlay TBH)

That said -- your final point is one that BMW "gets" -- I have owned BMW i4 and iX and in those instances, ACP integrates to show you not just turn but also the maps on these later cars. It is likely that Porsche will allow that deeper drive for ACP in the future, but right now BMW is besting them in on the driver cluster. Still, we're on the cusp of something cool here I suspect. Maybe a future iteration....

Shawnwama

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Frozen Berry, BMW X1 (F48)
Country flag
I have 2021 Taycan 4S, the PCM version was stuck at 3793, and didn't support My Porsche App in CarPlay. I was waiting my car may get the CarPlay update so long, but never saw any update dialog in my car at all. I assumed that Porsche may not update older models, so I gave up.

However, I randomly checked mine today and found out that my PCM version was updated latest and supports MyPorsche in CarPlay!
I don't remember I've ever proceeded OTA recently, but it is here somehow.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
So after playing around with the app for a few days, I'm now convinced that Porsche just doesn't understand customer facing software whatsoever. Or they don't care, I don't know.

The overall concept looks nice, but the actual tiles you can choose from is just absolute nonsense. They're like 85% on the way to have something great and then they screwed it up.

The mandatory tiles for each page include things like photos of your car, playing bird tweets through the speakers and freaking FM radio channels. WHY!? Why is everything set up as super-niched predefined scenarios instead of just giving us regular controls for the things?

The Homekit tile is limited to only show locks for no reason, which means that you can't trigger a Home/Away scene or similar, which would have been super useful.

The Apple Music tiles only show a few predefined playlists instead of letting us at least choose our own playlists.

The list goes on and on. In the end, I'm not entirely sure how this is actually useful for anyone as it is now. It's like they 100% designed it to look good in a press release and then couldn't be bothered to go further than that.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
So after playing around with the app for a few days, I'm now convinced that Porsche just doesn't understand customer facing software whatsoever. Or they don't care, I don't know.

The overall concept looks nice, but the actual tiles you can choose from is just absolute nonsense. They're like 85% on the way to have something great and then they screwed it up.

The mandatory tiles for each page include things like photos of your car, playing bird tweets through the speakers and freaking FM radio channels. WHY!? Why is everything set up as super-niched predefined scenarios instead of just giving us regular controls for the things?

The Homekit tile is limited to only show locks for no reason, which means that you can't trigger a Home/Away scene or similar, which would have been super useful.

The Apple Music tiles only show a few predefined playlists instead of letting us at least choose our own playlists.

The list goes on and on. In the end, I'm not entirely sure how this is actually useful for anyone as it is now. It's like they 100% designed it to look good in a press release and then couldn't be bothered to go further than that.
Yep reached much the same conclusions - exceptions might be some of the climate functionality and an as yet untested link to the ElctricSideCar app (forum developer) that now can supposedly display all kinds of trip data/info via ACP. Will report on that soon.

lonsaus1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo 2023
Country flag
I am having technical issues with this.

I have the new version of the app and I have installed this i.e. clicked the button on the app when connected to CarPlay.

It appears to have done nothing (positive). I can't see the new UI/the tiles and I now can't see the track on the RHS of the dash when playing Spotify, I can't skip to the next track using the multi function button on the steering wheel.

When I go into the button on the app, the menu options appear but don't make any difference when I press them.

I've also noticed sending pre-cool/heat commands AND setting the timer seems far more flakey than it did a week or two ago. Not the best timing when temperatures have dropped in England.

Have I missed a step, though?

laua

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90, V60, CT4S incoming
Country flag
Seems nice at a glance but there is a card I can’t update on the first page? The one that says to customize via your phone; don’t tell me that’s a permanent label! Other functions generally seem useless or limited value add; would’ve possibly been better if it wasn’t buried in the My Porsche app but part of CarPlay itself. I found the auto climate to be perfectly fine and no need to dig in a few screens deep just to change the same settings.

Second - I don’t remember if this happened concurrently but since I updated it looks like I don’t have the CarPlay button on the top right of the lower screen? Did that happen to anyone?

Edit: did the two finger reset and the CarPlay button is back.

Last edited:

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Seems nice at a glance but there is a card I can’t update on the first page? The one that says to customize via your phone; don’t tell me that’s a permanent label! Other functions generally seem useless or limited value add; would’ve possibly been better if it wasn’t buried in the My Porsche app but part of CarPlay itself. I found the auto climate to be perfectly fine and no need to dig in a few screens deep just to change the same settings.

Second - I don’t remember if this happened concurrently but since I updated it looks like I don’t have the CarPlay button on the top right of the lower screen? Did that happen to anyone?
Hmm - weird - mines still there.

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
So far I only found the pre-defined equalizer useful as far as Car Play integration. The rest is useless to my eyes. Nice try from Porsche but it failed. Not a big deal they will continue improving the usability and one day they may succeed.

Smithy37

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 991.2 C4 GTS. Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
I can now turn the car radio on from within the app and it appears to stay on. That is worth its weight in gold, if you ask me. I’ve only lived without this function for three years so progress has indeed been slow!!

The rest of it appears to be work in progress. Once you can customise all the tiles and not just certain aspects I’m sure I’ll use it more.
Haven’t played with Spotify much since this update so not sure what aspects of that this might have broken.

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Carplay works but with the new update on MyPorsche App I still don't see it in my PCM.

Ezikiel37

First Name
Ezikiel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Wait, deleted the carplay and added back on fixed my problem ha!
Sponsored