Sf-bay-taycan-seeker

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Tesla X, Tesla Y
Country flag
Lots of threads about PPF but haven't seen mention of this item: has anyone put PPF on the plastic arches?

I have an incoming Volcanic Grey CT Turbo S, I went with a dealer spec because it was 99% of what I wanted. But I don't really like the glossy arches on the Turbo S so I'm considering a satin wrap (some great satin wrap threads out there) on just the arches (or maybe the whole thing including the arches). My guess is the seam would be a potential issue and they may need to take the arches off. Then again, I could presumably either paint the arches or get replacement parts w/satin ones.
Sponsored

soawjo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, BMW 230i convertible
Country flag
Lots of threads about PPF but haven't seen mention of this item: has anyone put PPF on the plastic arches?

I have an incoming Volcanic Grey CT Turbo S, I went with a dealer spec because it was 99% of what I wanted. But I don't really like the glossy arches on the Turbo S so I'm considering a satin wrap (some great satin wrap threads out there) on just the arches (or maybe the whole thing including the arches). My guess is the seam would be a potential issue and they may need to take the arches off. Then again, I could presumably either paint the arches or get replacement parts w/satin ones.
The bloke who did my PPF said he generally advises against putting it on non-painted plastic parts because it doesn’t stick that well and doesn’t look good. Seems to be backed up by the replies in this thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-gt2rs-and-911r/1160869-gt3rs-ppf-plastic-pieces.html

Edit: actually I see that some of the replies say it works fine as long as you use the right PPF so probably just a case of talking to your detailer and see what they think

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
I put PPF on my arches after I had them painted body color by my local Pro shop - had actually only done the front two initially as only front half of car has PPF but of course those OEM pieces of PPF are there for a reason on the rear haunches :). Literally first trip had some gravel roads and sure enough a couple of thankfully tiny chips occur on the rears but had them repaired and now have Xpel on all four painted arches!

When left as is, the plain plastic of course does not show much if anything from small hits but they will be quite apparent with wrap or paint. Problem with wrap is you can’t use PPF and when it tears/chips you’ll see the underlying color of your fender covers immediately.

porscheguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 TTS CT
Country flag

I’ve got a TS CT with everything wrapped including the wheel arches. The turbo s is the only one with the gloss black arches, which makes them easy to wrap. Mine are wrapped in clear Xpel ultimate 10, but it would be easy to apply satin if you wanted. My arches were not removed and they look great!

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
I’ve got a TS CT with everything wrapped including the wheel arches. The turbo s is the only one with the gloss black arches, which makes them easy to wrap. Mine are wrapped in clear Xpel ultimate 10, but it would be easy to apply satin if you wanted. My arches were not removed and they look great!
This. Painted arches make them massively easier to wrap.

If you're not a fan of the gloss arches and it's not past the lock date there is an option for the plastic arches. Personally the gloss arches are possibly the most standout feature on the CT that differentiates a Turbo S with the models sitting below. I would keep them and satin PPF if gloss isn't your thing.
Sponsored