PPF tear repair

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I got a small tear 5cm wide in the PPF on the front bumper yesterday; cause is unknown. Paint seems to be fine, so the PPF did it’s job. I’ll call the installer tomorrow, but in the meantime, how should I temporarily patch this up?

Porsche Taycan PPF tear repair 112ADFA8-4733-48E6-8576-614D289ACFF9
Sponsored

Last edited:

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
I got a small tear 5cm wide in the PPF on the front bumper yesterday; cause is unknown. Paint seems to be fine, so the PPF did it’s job. I’ll call the installer tomorrow, but in the meantime, how should I temporarily patch this up?

View attachment 23430
I can't see the attachment, but I imagine you can use just about anything around the house , i.e. regular non-perm tape like layers of scotch tape or blue tape. If you have no shame, I'd just slap a bit of duct tape on it and draw a smiley face on it. I'd do the last thing. :)

OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
I reattached the photo. I’ve put on some cello tape for now.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag

112ADFA8-4733-48E6-8576-614D289ACFF9.jpeg
So sorry. Suffered similar issue.
Image attached shows two smaller rock rips that I had on the front of my Taycan last spring.
There was a third larger rock rip on the bumper not shown. Also a fourth rip on top of the left rear hip which was about a third of the size of yours. All freeway rocks, fortunately paint was not damaged.
My PPF installer actually ended up replacing the entire hood, bumper and left hip PPF rather than trying to repair.
All under 10 year warranty.
Second image after repair.

Porsche Taycan PPF tear repair 30F7C44E-5F86-4CE6-B504-A4E219D8AA6C

Porsche Taycan PPF tear repair 97CE0AE2-1738-46B5-A897-ED27B2EA9135

Last edited:

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
So sorry. Suffered similar issue.
Image attached shows two smaller rock rips that I had on the front of my Taycan last spring.
There was a third larger rock rip on the bumper not shown. Also a fourth rip on top of the left rear hip which was about a third of the size of yours. All freeway rocks, fortunately paint was not damaged.
My PPF installer actually ended up replacing the entire hood, bumper and left hip PPF rather than trying to repair.
All under 10 year warranty.
Second image after repair.
how did he get it covered under warranty? I have a small tear in my XPEL, probably from door ding, but haven’t fixed it since I assume it was not warranty covered and I’d have to pay out of pocket

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
how did he get it covered under warranty? I have a small tear in my XPEL, probably from door ding, but haven’t fixed it since I assume it was not warranty covered and I’d have to pay out of pocket
When I purchased my Taycan I used a PPF installer my dealer recommended and the installer gave me a 10 year warranty. Took the vehicle to them in August and they took care of it. No charge.
I did not ask any questions.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mandoyoda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
@REIL fantastic! XPEL comes with a 10 year warranty to cover peeling or defects. I’m glad your installer fixed it without charge.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
@REIL fantastic! XPEL comes with a 10 year warranty to cover peeling or defects. I’m glad your installer fixed it without charge.
I hope you can get yours covered under warranty also.
Best of luck.