Cravalho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
That's pretty good! That's only 3 seconds faster than the Cayman GT4RS... 2 seconds (2.2-3 mm) faster than the Rimac Nevera.
Sponsored

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My wife's Audi Q8 etron has both, paddles for regen, boost on accelerator pedal. Perhaps the eTron GT has those too? Same drive train as the Taycan.

PS> I personally don't like the paddles, therefore don't use it much on the Audi. Lucky it defaults to auto-regen which is nicely intuitive, brakes with cars ahead, or going down hill. At first I didn't like the inconsistent behavior when letting off the accelerator, but then learned to like it actually as it fairly accurately predicted the regen I would want in a particular situation.
I’ll take it! But in a Taycan please!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
That's pretty good! That's only 3 seconds faster than the Cayman GT4RS... 2 seconds (2.2-3 mm) faster than the Rimac Nevera.
Can someone please let me know how much faster I will be able to take my kids to school in traffic vs my Turbo S? Mine just doesn’t meet my expectations… some days it takes forever, it’s a nightmare.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Can someone please let me know how much faster I will be able to take my kids to school in traffic vs my Turbo S? Mine just doesn’t meet my expectations… some days it takes forever, it’s a nightmare.
You need the new PTMS (Porsche Traffic Management System) option- the lefthand paddle operates twin 20mm cannon that are concealed behind that new front design.

WasserGKuehlt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4CT, 996C2, MacanS
Country flag
Not sure, but I’ve got a crisp $20 for your Turbo S. Lmk.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Not sure, but I’ve got a crisp $20 for your Turbo S. Lmk.
Thank you for the generous offer, but I generally don’t do business with family (we’re all brothers and sisters here, part of the Taycan family, right?). I wouldn’t want you to come back to me and complain that there’s something wrong with it, which there certainly is, especially the more time spent reading the forum here. It would be uncomfortable and upsetting. Plus shipping this paperweight over to you might cost even more than the usual arm and a leg, possibly up to three limbs in shipping and handling fees.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
You need the new PTMS (Porsche Traffic Management System) option- the lefthand paddle operates twin 20mm cannon that are concealed behind that new front design.
Will I be able to retrofit this option? Wasn’t there something on Suncoast Parts? Im off to ask ChatGDP.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
What you're looking for is the POTG option - Porsche Over Traffic Glide. It's a new suspension option, raises the Taycan suspension so you can drive over other cars up to a semi size. It is strongly suggested to be combined with the latest with AEBB (Automatic Emergency Bridge Braking) which will stop you from accidentally hitting overpasses, and an occasional oversized load, should you come across an Airbus wing being transported on the highway. They were going to offer POTC (Porsche Over Traffic Catapult) but turns out Taycans are just too heavy for that, perhaps the 911.

On the other hand, Tesla is planning to offer a Boring option, so your car can tunnel its way directly to the destination. One benefit is that if you travel the same route more than once, the tunnel is mostly made already, so you can get there even faster. Once FSD is released you can send the car to pre-bore the tunnel overnight if you are in the rush in the morning. PPF strongly suggested with the boring option.

Nothing beats Space X commuter option though, Paris to New York in 30 minutes in a Starship hop - 27,000km/h, no Taycan will ever beat that.

Reactions: 007

Rik_CT4s

First Name
Rik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S Cross Turismo MY22
Country flag
I checked my time gain to the supermarket here in my home town. I gained 0.000046373737373 seconds versus my previous heavily tuned RS5. Now, with this Taycan GT I am expecting at least another 0.00000004647374737373737373737373 seconds off from the standing personal record. That is for sure worth trading in my current TS and fork out solid cash again!

Joking aside, this upgrade is not for me (yet).

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
And they said the Concorde was environmentally unfriendly…
I recently saw that there are steam powered rocket alternatives coming too. Exhausting nothing but H2O. Still in prototyping stage but apparently able to reach orbit with small payloads for now.
Sponsored