First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
I
In the current Taycan no one is buying the sport pack since the “normal” one is so beautiful. I guess they decided to uglify it to push people to add another option. That one looks so meh…
can completely agree I didn’t like the sport bumper on this gen compared to stock. It ruined the lines for me.
Sponsored

andb

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Why a button, always have it enabled, just limit the power when used up and recovering. Power gets limited by traction control and thermals already, this is just another level of thermals.
I have the sport response button in my Panamera TS and its useful because when overtaking in normal mode it instantly delivers all the power, that's the only time I use it.
However in an EV motors can deliver power instantly so there's not much need for it, its more like a shortcut to sport ++. Anyway you can't drive in max acceleration for more than 10 seconds because you reach the top speed.

SHM

First Name
oOo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Since they copied the tri motor setup from Tesla, maybe one will see better efficciency than todays Taycans - if the transmission is dropped.

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Since they copied the tri motor setup from Tesla, maybe one will see better efficciency than todays Taycans - if the transmission is dropped.
Did they? I know plenty of people are saying tri-motor, but I haven't heard Porsche say that yet. For all I know it could be they replaced the copper windings with gold to reduce resistance and increase power.

Taytaycan

First Name
Bertus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am wondering, what about the battery temp after the lap? how is this working out?
And can you do a second and third lap without overheating?
Curious....

bluesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW F10 M5 Comp, BMW F10 550i
Country flag
To clarify, the facia on the car in the above article is the new sports fascia. Albeit a bit more aggressive considering the performance of this car.

The new standard facia is below

BEBC52CD-2DD3-42E5-9A33-AB2CC7A75BF8.jpeg
Honestly I can barely tell the difference between this and the current bumper. I actually like this new bumper (without the Sport Design inset facets) because it now disconnects the vents from the headlights, which to my eye was weirdest looking and most unsettling part of the Taycan exterior design..

MissionE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Turbo
Country flag
Honestly I can barely tell the difference between this and the current bumper.
I actually like this new bumper (without the Sport Design inset facets) because it now disconnects the vents from the headlights.

I think you answered yourself there. But I hear you, not the biggest fan of the outgoing design.
And it is interesting that the Taycan was the first model in their history to not have a unique facia differentiating the turbo models.​

DougFrisk

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No longer awaiting a 4CT
Country flag
Honestly I can barely tell the difference between this and the current bumper. I actually like this new bumper (without the Sport Design inset facets) because it now disconnects the vents from the headlights, which to my eye was weirdest looking and most unsettling part of the Taycan exterior design..
To each their own, to me it's the most beautiful and visually interesting part of the Taycan exterior design.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
And it is interesting that the Taycan was the first model in their history to not have a unique facia differentiating the turbo models.
There is a difference, subtle but it's different. It has a different front lip.

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's a hell of a lot of thought being plowed into this thread, and while I appreciate that I'd like to ask a question -- Am I the only one who would like to control Regen Level via steering wheel paddle shifters?

I would gladly accept "over-boost" power with pedal to the floor if I could control speed via Regen. I would use this much more often, and almost always when on a steep downhill.

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
There's a hell of a lot of thought being plowed into this thread, and while I appreciate that I'd like to ask a question -- Am I the only one who would like to control Regen Level via steering wheel paddle shifters?

I would gladly accept "over-boost" power with pedal to the floor if I could control speed via Regen. I would use this much more often, and almost always when on a steep downhill.
And more importantly, that could free up the current regen button on the steering wheel for a dedicated media play/pause button!

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag

My wife's Audi Q8 etron has both, paddles for regen, boost on accelerator pedal. Perhaps the eTron GT has those too? Same drive train as the Taycan.

PS> I personally don't like the paddles, therefore don't use it much on the Audi. Lucky it defaults to auto-regen which is nicely intuitive, brakes with cars ahead, or going down hill. At first I didn't like the inconsistent behavior when letting off the accelerator, but then learned to like it actually as it fairly accurately predicted the regen I would want in a particular situation.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
This is the steering wheel from the gt3. Looking at that one, the location of the dial suggests it is not a boost button.

Other question, who / what will be the target audience for this Turbo GT? taycan is a 4 seats luxury car, not sure if someone with the budget will get this car as track car. Not only because it is a 4 door, but also the EV / charging infrastructure at tracks is not there yet.

IMG_2115.jpeg

IMG_2116.jpeg
this is interesting the 4 dials on my GT3 RS are (counter clock wise from top left)
  • [red] - 4-way shock settings - new suspension really awesome
  • [blue] - PTV - control of the differentials from open to locked
  • [yellow] - ESC (electronic stability control) and TC (traction control)
  • [white] - drive mode
this would given the taycan the same level of setup adjustments as the GT3 RS which makes it a track weapon with this level of adjustability from the steering wheel while driving the vehicle.

it was/is revolutionary on the GT3 RS, and unheard of in the EV world - so major step forward.

Last edited: