Press and hold start button no longer turns car off!

pkkaiser

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100DL and soon a Taycan!
Country flag
So whenever you park and then turn off the car, you get the cool back of the car animation with the red lights fading and the car dissolving to black....and the car turns off. Well today, I did not put in park and just turned off and the car didn't turn off. So I put in park and then tried to turn off...nothing. The goodbye screen comes up in the PCM, but the drivers screen does not do the animation and turn off. It stays on...Any ideas??
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
I would get out of the car, lock the doors, get the key away from the car, and come back after 15 minutes to see if was back to normal.

OP
OP

pkkaiser

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Nothing works Took to Porsche and they said that is really weird we have no idea. But since car turns off when you lock car. Oh Well???? It is a software flaw...log it

OP
OP

pkkaiser

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well the day after bringing to Dealer who said "i don't know whats wrong, but thats not right" I get an alert saying the alarm went off...weird. Car in garage no one near it. Next AM...dead 12v battery. So it goes without saying if you do not see the taillight animation, the car is NOT turning off despite what the dealer says....Hope when I get the car back from service it will actually turn off when I press the on/off button.
Sponsored