JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Is that without an allocation?

Is Chester Porsche owned?

Sytner (Porsche Leicester) told me today I'm paying the price rises up until I've got an allocation.
Hi. Porsche Chester is part of Rybrook Group.
Been told via message that ‘orders prior to 15 July 2022’ had price protection so increase not relevant. I read that as saying all orders regardless of whether an allocation is in place. I do have an allocation for October.
I’d challenge Sytner as I know other dealers (Reading, Cardiff and Leeds) all have similar position. So Sytner appear alone in what they say
Sponsored

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
Hi. Porsche Chester is part of Rybrook Group.
Been told via message that ‘orders prior to 15 July 2022’ had price protection so increase not relevant. I read that as saying all orders regardless of whether an allocation is in place. I do have an allocation for October.
I’d challenge Sytner as I know other dealers (Reading, Cardiff and Leeds) all have similar position. So Sytner appear alone in what they say
I wonder if it's because you have an allocation.

Sytner argued that the price increase stands since future allocations are for MY23 that allegedly has enough "upgrades" - like more efficient energy use - to justify the price increase.

However, it still seems a bit of a kick to the nuts to drop a £5k deposit back in February, be waiting 18 months (or longer for delivery) only to be told I'm paying all future price increases.

Where's the loyalty?

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I wonder if it's because you have an allocation.

Sytner argued that the price increase stands since future allocations are for MY23 that allegedly has enough "upgrades" - like more efficient energy use - to justify the price increase.

However, it still seems a bit of a kick to the nuts to drop a £5k deposit back in February, be waiting 18 months (or longer for delivery) only to be told I'm paying all future price increases.

Where's the loyalty?
I don’t think that’s a defensible position from Leicester. I did also speak to Chester and they said signed orders with deposits received are exempt. You fall into that category as you are awaiting an allocation.

OP
OP

cockyapple

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan rwd
Country flag
Have heard but not confirmed that if you have paid deposit...signed order....finance through Porsche has been approved...but not had an allocation......Porsche financial services can look kindly on your situation with the help of your dealer.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don’t think that’s a defensible position from Leicester. I did also speak to Chester and they said signed orders with deposits received are exempt. You fall into that category as you are awaiting an allocation.
Hmmm, I will have to have another word with them. Failing that I'm tempted to hand Porsche Reading another £5k this week in anticipation they get a flurry of GTS ST allocations in Q4 / Q1. They have 25% of the UK allocations and may do me a favour where I dropped a deposit at Porsche Leicester (Sytner) early Feb.

If it's any consolation, today I cancelled another Sytner order for a BMW I4 as the spec (was a cancelled order) turned out to be too much of a deal breaker and depreciation would have been horrible. That's £60k they otherwise would have been paid this week.

Speuk

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 4S in Dolomite Silver
Country flag
Hmmm, I will have to have another word with them. Failing that I'm tempted to hand Porsche Reading another £5k this week in anticipation they get a flurry of GTS ST allocations in Q4 / Q1. They have 25% of the UK allocations and may do me a favour where I dropped a deposit at Porsche Leicester (Sytner) early Feb.

If it's any consolation, today I cancelled another Sytner order for a BMW I4 as the spec (was a cancelled order) turned out to be too much of a deal breaker and depreciation would have been horrible. That's £60k they otherwise would have been paid this week.
If you speak to Reading use Simon Blackmoor he is totally transparent will show you the detail of orders they have waiting for an allocation for the model you want etc. As others have said Simon is a pleasure to deal with.

Jabbar

First Name
JS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
Likewise I’ve found Porsche Chester a pleasure. The General Sales Manager Iain Joshua is amazing as are the sales people.

In December 2021, I ordered Taycan GTS (due October 2022) and 911 Carerra S (due Q2 2024!).

i’m sure Sytner will relent once you tell them all other dealership groups have taken the more pragmatic and customer focussed decision

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you speak to Reading use Simon Blackmoor he is totally transparent will show you the detail of orders they have waiting for an allocation for the model you want etc. As others have said Simon is a pleasure to deal with.
Cheers for the heads up. I will speak to Simon.

I actually did speak to Reading back in Feb, but decided against going ahead with them as Leicester at the time promised a quicker delivery date.

Should have dropped deposits at both.

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I know this thread is heading towards the archive but, my SA (OPC Belfast) has just confirmed that the price increase will not be applied to my build. He confirmed that, as I have a build allocation (June 22), the price is now fixed.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know this thread is heading towards the archive but, my SA (OPC Belfast) has just confirmed that the price increase will not be applied to my build. He confirmed that, as I have a build allocation (June 22), the price is now fixed.
That seems to be true of all dealers regardless of Porsche or a licensee.

If you don't have an allocation, you pay the price increases until you get an allocation.

Porsche Reading confirmed this to me earlier this week. I have an order going through a Sytner dealer and don't have an allocation yet. That means I pay the price on the date of the allocation, which I estimate will be around Q1 2023.
Sponsored