Problem with left (AC) charging port

iliyas007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hi All,

I have just bought a new Porsche Taycan Turbo and since there is no porsche dealership in my city i had to buy it from different city (from far away - so I cant just take it to dealership).

When my car arrived it was very cold - about -30 degrees centigrade. 12v battery was dead and using some help from online forums I was able to charge and everything was okay. In the process, I released emergency plug to release charging port on the left side of the car and ever since the thread is hanging lose behind drivers door.

That was no problem when I used DC charger on the right side, but now I installed a wallbox at home and wanted to charge. The car would not take a charge saying that there is a problem with charging port door.
Question: how do you get that emergency thread back inside the car?

i attach a photo, but it is not my car. The same problem

Thank you,
Iliyas

Porsche Taycan Problem with left (AC) charging port A940F99C-2F97-4CA7-BC45-B8E8FCF8DDA9
Sponsored

NC_Taycan

First Name
Lewis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'12 Tesla Model S P85, '17 Cayenne S, '20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Carefully push the tether back through the hole.

OP
OP

iliyas007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Carefully push the tether back through the hole.
That’s what I did. Although pushing a slack tether through the whole is a very hard task - as if Porsche did not want us to do it.
Now car is giving me a mistake “AC charging port door malfunction”. And it would not take the charge through that port

Crazycanuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, 911, Cayenne Turbo SE, McLaren GT
Country flag
Just did this over the weekend due to 12v issue. Try pushing more and slower. It’ll eventually go back in like before. Test of patience for this one. Took me 5 tries

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I am curious why do you guys use the emergency release on the charging port when you get a dead 12v.
If you want to just "disconnect" the charger for safety reasons wouldn't it suffice to unplug the charger from the wall outlet or flip the circuit breaker? Then after the car is revived, you can disconnect the charging cable normally.
Am I missing something?

OP
OP

iliyas007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am curious why do you guys use the emergency release on the charging port when you get a dead 12v.
If you want to just "disconnect" the charger for safety reasons wouldn't it suffice to unplug the charger from the wall outlet or flip the circuit breaker? Then after the car is revived, you can disconnect the charging cable normally.
Am I missing something?
First of all, problem with charging solved. I removed my bad putting back and now it is charging. Need to put back this thing carefully now.

as for your question, I though I can charge 12v battery using a wall charger. So when it failed had to emergency remove the plug when car was frozen
Sponsored