W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I did two testdrives. Both had Bose. I only listened to my favorite music station. I don’t know if it was DAB or not.

The first time I was really underwhelmed. The sound was flat and it didn’t sound good. The week afterwards in another car this was one of the things I wanted to reconsider and the sound was perfect. I don’t know what made the difference.
It probably wasn't set correctly - bass, treble, surround etc - if in Guest mode these settings aren't available / saved (from memory). It sounds decent to my ears when set correctly and a car is one of the worst environments for any audiophile to be happy.
Sponsored

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
In most cases the only thing "Bose" is the digital signal processing that Bose labs has provided to make up for a low-cost set of speakers and amplifiers. Burmester gets to spec a higher grade (higher cost) of speakers and then provides their own signal processing.

*Most* Porsches end up in a better place for less money with the Bose from the factory and a Musicar upgrade package (compared to Burmester from the factory). My 991.1 was better with Burmester form the factory due to unusual protocols (at the time). I ordered Bose in the CT and will upgrade from Musicar.

BJCanadaMax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo, MINI SE, Toyota Prius
Country flag
To be honest I’m a bit surprised about your first replies. I’m a CT4 owner and my impression is not that the Bose sounds that good. Last week I had the opportunity to hear the Bose in a Panamera and for me sound was much more balance, doesn’t matter what type of music was running. In the CT for me just high and deep tone are available, the middle range from my point of view is almost not existing.
Im listening over Apple car play with the highest possible quality, with high resolution lossless.
Sadly what you said match with some review online. Really a shame

Caraholic

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F430, Cayman S, JKU
Country flag
Was a little disappointed I couldn’t find a burm car. However after using the Bose I am actually quite impressed it is a very good stock system. My burm envy has now evaporated

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
When I was told there was a stop on Bose I compared the standard system and Bose using the sort of music I like in 2 Taycans at the dealer.
I should say that as an music lover who spent a lot of time trying to get good sound in my car for many years I don’t have high expectations any more.

Anyway in terms of colouration and even frequency response there was little to choose between them.

The Bose had far more adjustments and DSP generated effects, but I tend to listen with settings at zero anyway. Turning the bass up in a car reduces masking by road rumble but is excessive and boomy when going slowly and I don’t like it.

I didn’t see how loud they would each go before shrieking, just compared listening to music and speech, which was uncoloured, a good test of accuracy IMO since we are familiar with voices. Mind you some people may not find accurate entertaining…

I am listening to music in a dedicated room on a system costing more than the Taycan as I type so I am spoiled over high expectations for listening in the car.

For myself and my wife (a professional musician) we find the standard system adequate and don’t miss the Bose since I wouldn’t use any of its special features anyway.
The biggest shortcoming of the standard system is imaging which is inherent in the listener and speaker driver locations without a lot of digital processing jiggery pokery.

Just my experience.
Sponsored