Quick wheel purchase sanity check please?

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Wheels (especially larger ones) are a safety item. I would want to know the source of the forging and machining processes prior to machining. The failure of a large wheel due to poor quality could be catastrophic.
Sponsored

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
Wheels (especially larger ones) are a safety item. I would want to know the source of the forging and machining processes prior to machining. The failure of a large wheel due to poor quality could be catastrophic.
I should have the wheels installed in a couple of weeks. The 22x10 are in the UK already and the 22x12 are on a plane from the US as I write.

I’m confident the Rotiform FRA wheels are top notch. After all, Rotiform are the technical partner and wheel supplier to the Ferrari factory race teams Rotiform Tecnical Partnership. The FRA wheel was also designed specifically around the Taycan.

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I’m on the verge of buying a set of these 22” Rotiform FRA wheels for my Turbo S.

IMG_0544.jpeg

They aren’t cheap so I was hoping knowledgable members could advise on a couple of concerns I have before pressing GO!

I’m going for a staggered fitment so 22x10 fronts and 22x12 rears. I‘m guessing I’ll need 265/30R22 tyres for the front and 315/25R22 for the rear? It seems difficult to get both sizes from one tyre manufacturer so am I missing something?

I’m also concerned about tyre pressure monitoring. Should I / can I swap the TPMS sensors over from my current mission-e wheels to the new Rotiform ones or do people usually buy a second set of sensors and fit them?

Are there any other wheel swap gotchas I may have missed?

Grateful for any advice forthcoming!
Its aero drag is proportional to tyre width, so wider than the 21", as this is, will certainly reduce cruising range.

OP
OP
n3ophyte

n3ophyte

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Nissan GT-R
Country flag
Its aero drag is proportional to tyre width, so wider than the 21", as this is, will certainly reduce cruising range.
Granted. But I never go anywhere Frank. I spend more time staring at the car than driving it :)

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Granted. But I never go anywhere Frank. I spend more time staring at the car than driving it :)
Range isn’t a problem for me either, though I do a handful of long trips a year the battery lasts longer than my bladder.
Sponsored