Radio no sound, but bluetooth working

PTaycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, RRS SC, S2000, Integra Type-R
Country flag
Anyone come across a fix for this one? No sound from Radio (FM & XM), but there is sound when I play music from my bluetooth via iphone. The dealer reset PCM but issue still here. Thx.
Sponsored

KensingtonPark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S; 2023 Audi eTron S Sportbck
Country flag
Anyone come across a fix for this one? No sound from Radio (FM & XM), but there is sound when I play music from my bluetooth via iphone. The dealer reset PCM but issue still here. Thx.
Any chance you accidentally muted the radio? Press - don't scroll - the volume button and see if you hear something. Bluetooth still works when you have muted, I think. (I don't use bluetooth anymore.)

al092193

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S, BMW 335is
Country flag
Any chance you accidentally muted the radio? Press - don't scroll - the volume button and see if you hear something. Bluetooth still works when you have muted, I think. (I don't use bluetooth anymore.)
I got the same problem with XM, other music like from FM, Carplay, Bluetooth are all ok except XM.

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Today I had a volume of -1 (see image).
First problem I have had in two months of ownership with PCM. Knock on wood.
The scroll wheel on the steering wheel was not muted. It did not matter if I was trying to listen to the radio, Apple CarPlay or anything else.
iPhone would connect through the system however no volume/sound still -1.
Center consul plus + or - minus did nothing nor did swiping.
Decided to try the often mentioned method of turning the car off, locking the car with the key fob. Came back 15 minutes later everything worked.
Have to love computers, just reboot.

Porsche Taycan Radio no sound, but bluetooth working 7AD3BF5C-526E-4B5F-B71F-C3418117BA4F

ujjtaycan4s

First Name
Ujj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
I had the same problem today and nothing played not even the navigation system voice prompts. I had the same negative one show up look at the image attached.. I got an update yesterday for my maps. I wonder if that update screwed it up!! I have an AMG too, and man I have to tell you, no such issues ever on that car. Of course it does not drive as well!

Porsche Taycan Radio no sound, but bluetooth working IMG_20201208_174905~2

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
I had the same problem today and nothing played not even the navigation system voice prompts. I had the same negative one show up look at the image attached.. I got an update yesterday for my maps. I wonder if that update screwed it up!! I have an AMG too, and man I have to tell you, no such issues ever on that car. Of course it does not drive as well!

IMG_20201208_174905~2.jpg

REIL

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+ / MY20
Country flag
Ujj,
I did not have any updates so I do not think it is related.
Did you try locking manually and leaving it for 15 minutes then restarting?

HelfFL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
First problem I have had in two months of ownership with PCM. Knock on wood.
The scroll wheel on the steering wheel was not muted. It did not matter if I was trying to listen to the radio, Apple CarPlay or anything else.
iPhone would connect through the system however no volume/sound still -1.
Center consul plus + or - minus did nothing nor did swiping.
Decided to try the often mentioned method of turning the car off, locking the car with the key fob. Came back 15 minutes later everything worked.
Have to love computers, just reboot.

7AD3BF5C-526E-4B5F-B71F-C3418117BA4F.jpeg
I experienced this too. Just powered off car (a/k/a CTRL-ALT-DELETE), waited a while and started again. Problem cleared. Thankfully haven't experienced it again other than that one time.

dnanian

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Tesla Model S, BMW i3
Country flag
Had the same thing a few days ago. Noted that tapping the audio system tab (BOSE/Burmester) would just bring up a spinner, so it's clear that one of the subsystems never came up.
Sponsored