02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
As someone who gladly opted out of the electric sport sound, is this post suggesting that there is always an electric sport sound but if you get the add-on it's just louder?
Sponsored

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
As someone who gladly opted out of the electric sport sound, is this post suggesting that there is always an electric sport sound but if you get the add-on it's just louder?
Of course it’s,louder, there are additional speakers (outside).
just check the forum, few weeks ago, someone posted pictures of speakers….

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
Of course it’s,louder, there are additional speakers (outside).
just check the forum, few weeks ago, someone posted pictures of speakers….
The louder part isn't what is surprising to me. The fact that the sound you hear without the sport sound add-on is still an artificial sound piped in is what is surprising to me.

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
I don't have the sports e-sound... was looking at getting it install but very expensive and not worth it..
Very expensive? Isn’t it $500?! When paying this much for a car, not sure how that could be too much of a concern if it’s a safety concern, but maybe I’m out of touch. ??‍♂

Gotti

First Name
Gotti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
OP was it message like the attached by any chance. I keep randomly getting this and after the 2 updates it's not cleared. I just switch
Porsche Taycan no electric sound Screenshot_20210913-174109_Gmail
the vehicle off and then back on again

bosch88

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Very expensive? Isn’t it $500?! When paying this much for a car, not sure how that could be too much of a concern if it’s a safety concern, but maybe I’m out of touch. ??‍♂
I bought a already spec'd car without it... I would have added it for $5XX no question, but to add it afterwards is close to Cdn$5K, not worth it...

Dslev

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My experience is that it's ineffective, by the way. The car's like a rolling jump scare in parking lots. It would be funny if not for the fact that I'm afraid that some day somebody will jump out in front of me and I won't be able to stop in time. In parking lots it's sometimes just not possible to stay far enough away from clueless pedestrians to guarantee they can't get themselves killed before I can react.
When I go to car shows; the lack of sound is what typically triggers..."is that thing electric?" In the US no way to disable the safety sound, even though It's not loud nor does it get anyone's attention.

02bluesuperroo

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan 4s
Country flag
The car still makes noise without it. If it’s such a safety concern and it’s only $500 then why didn’t Porsche include it?

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
The car still makes noise without it. If it’s such a safety concern and it’s only $500 then why didn’t Porsche include it?
Agreed! With the current safety sound included being as ineffective as it is, they should have also included the sport sound (with ability to turn on and off) for those who feel it’s a safety concern. If the sport sound was the only available safety sound they included though and could not be turned off, I have a feeling there would be a boatload of unhappy customers (but safer unaware pedestrians with headphones on ;) !
Sponsored