Norfolkporsche

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Turbo S
Country flag
I have PSCB on my 4S (2020 car), and I’m 725 miles in. I’ve had noticeable re-generation for most of the car’s life as far as I can remember. It doesn‘t seem to do much in the Auto setting, but with it ‘on’ it is very noticeable and slows the car quite obviously, to the extent you can (mostly) drive without using the brake pedal as long as you read the road ahead. When the re-generation kicks in (when I lift my foot off the accelerator), the green bar on the central dial moves round to about 11 o’clock. When I brake, the green bar moves much further round, and depending on the intensity of braking, to almost 7 o’clock.
Sponsored

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Thank you very much for this description. Mine behaves nothing like this so maybe there is a problem (unless MY21 cars are different).

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Thank you very much for this description. Mine behaves nothing like this so maybe there is a problem (unless MY21 cars are different).
I think maybe you have a problem. I didn’t see a response to what the grey arc was showing on the display, is it very small?

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Does this help? (sorry it is a bit out of focus)

IMG_1538.jpg
Yep, looks like the regen line goes around to roughly 9 o’clock which is correct, this grey line is dynamic in that it changes length depending on battery state etc. When you press the brakes does the green arc Extend?

mine started regen almost from zero miles, I don’t have pace but I am not convinced its programmed any different based on brake rotor type....

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Yep, looks like the regen line goes around to roughly 9 o’clock which is correct, this grey line is dynamic in that it changes length depending on battery state etc. When you press the brakes does the green arc Extend?

mine started regen almost from zero miles, I don’t have pace but I am not convinced its programmed any different based on brake rotor type....
I don't get any green arc at all when I brake and never have (500 miles so far). I'm OK with the brakes bedding-in explanation but I have little confidence in the dealer's estimate of the mileage before it starts to brake using regeneration.

Will Perrott

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Macan S
Country flag
Porsche finally fixed the brake regeneration on my car. The dealer originally told me it would take 200 miles for the disks to bed in, then after I'd done 500 miles I questioned it again and they said 1000 to 2000 miles! I complained to the service manager and he agreed that there must be some document where the mileage is confirmed. He couldn't find anything and so contacted Porsche Germany. They advised the dealer to get my car in and check a code. The code tells the car not to use regenerative braking until the brakes have been used for a certain amount to bed them in. They checked my brakes and we agreed that after 700 miles of mainly short journeys they must be OK by now. The dealer reset this code and I finally have regenerative braking.

ericwwl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (70 reg)
Country flag
Thank you for everyone. Love your answers, learnt a lot from every of you :)

Kayone73

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT4S, Kia Telluride EX, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
Its' true tho, thru several thousand miles of practical driving and tracking efficiency numbers, there is far greater efficiency letting the car coast as much as possible without regen on, and regen only beneits when rolling downhill to recapture free kinetic energy thru gravity or having to slow down if the car in front is slowing down and getting free regen that way, this is why I have Auto Regen on as my default, since it'll coast most of the time and only slow down using regen in the situations I mentioned above.

sveinaan

First Name
Svein
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I read somewhere that Porsche have fond that regenn will only give about 70% energy back.
Sponsored