Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
2.75kWh? Jesus christ. My wash machine, oven and microwave together use less šŸ¤£
It only did it for a short time, but I guess the cabin temperature was well above 40 degrees at that stage. And I did not say kWh , only initial kW!
Sponsored

tchavei

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Too many to list. Includes a MY23 Taycan RWD
Country flag
It only did it for a short time, but I guess the cabin temperature was well above 40 degrees at that stage. And I did not say kWh , only initial kW!
Alright, alright.

Maybe we should consider a 12V fan like in the 80's instead of AC

Porsche Taycan Range with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance Plus fan

briomir

First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I have a 4S PB+ on 21" Mission E wheels, with A/C on ECO pretty much all the time - city driving gets me approx. 170 miles at 85%. This seems low compared to some of the answers I've seen on this thread... Currently approx. 10,200 miles on the clock.

Raphie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s (21)
Country flag
Most city driving for me is 35kWh /100km I would need to at least drive for an hour to get that down.
initially cold it starts with 55kWh /100km for the first 10mins or so.

Porsche-Guru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, BMW 535, Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is very much against the data I have seen in the past.

The A/C unit on a typical US car used to be about 25kW and whilst things have maybe got more efficient I donā€™t believe it is anything like 2kW.
That can't be correct... my engineering brain is not accepting it.

An average household AC would be around 2.5kW or may 3kW.... I can't see how a car AC would use 25kW. (unless I am totally wrong !)

I think an average car AC would be 1.5kW. I think somewhere between 1.2kW - 1.8kW and this would be max power.

XKSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
jag xk120, Jag XKSS, Defender, Taycan CT4, +bikes
Country flag
Warm in UK at the moment - good range available - 242 mi @ 85% = 282 for 100% - slipped into Range mode earlier to see what the temperature does to range
CT4 - 3000 miles - 29 degrees C today

Porsche Taycan Range with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance Plus IMG_2632

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

An average household AC would be around 2.5kW or may 3kW.... I can't see how a car AC would use 25kW. (unless I am totally wrong !)

I think an average car AC would be 1.5kW. I think somewhere between 1.2kW - 1.8kW and this would be max power.
It is 1960s Mopar data (possibly mis-remembered) and I am sure instant freeze was more important than efficiency then, and the fuel was super cheap.

The range calculator gains almost 30% range (195 miles - 276) switching the A/C off at 30C city driving so it isnā€™t insignificant in Porscheā€™s data used in their calculation.

MissionC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Just checked my 2020 4S (Turbo wheels) with Performance+ battery and with about 21K miles (gotcha day is coming up in July). Iā€™ve easily had a range of 250+ miles in summer here in New England, but the problem the Taycan is so easy to drive at highway speeds that keeping it under 80 mph is really toughā€¦
Porsche Taycan Range with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance Plus IMG_1051

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All the people getting ranges of 250 miles +, Iā€™ll bet if you go into MyPorsche and look at your trip data since inception, your average speed will be sub-30 mph.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Thank you.What year is your car or how many km does it have ? Mine is just 700 km and I make about 300 km with %85 battery..Do you think itā€™s ok
To those more knowledgeable...

OP has only done 700km (420 ish miles).

Isn't consumption high on new cars until regen starts working or something?

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag

Just reflecting on this I am not sure a car doesn't need quite a lot more power than a domestic room to cool.
The air itself has a low specific heat so its volume is not a big part of the requirement, but the ratio of the area of window to wall is much more favourable in room than than a car.

Walls are much better insulated then a metal car body.

A car is often in full sun radiation, most domestic rooms have a limited amount of their surface area radiated on (and have the much superior insulation over most of their surface v almost none).

Anyway, however big it is Porsche's data shows a considerable loss of range due to A/C in town (A/C Eco is massively better)

dmb

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
All the people getting ranges of 250 miles +, Iā€™ll bet if you go into MyPorsche and look at your trip data since inception, your average speed will be sub-30 mph.
I consistently get more than 250 miles...I think if I charged to 100 percent I feel like I am eek out 290 miles maybe 300?

My app is not loading total but here's my pic of this last week which is for me representative of 90 percent of driving i do as it is my commute to work

After the software update is when I noticed a big difference...prior to that I was hanging around 3.5-4.x mi/kwh

Porsche Taycan Range with %85 battery for Taycan 4S Performance Plus Screenshot_20230613-235719
Sponsored